Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger P94 with bulit in laser

Here it is, traded off a Kahr CM9 for it, this was just one them I had to have it pistols

http://http://s1352.photobucket.com/...tml?sort=3&o=1

http://s1352.photobucket.com/user/ke...tml?sort=3&o=0
    Last edited by kcevans; 08-31-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Heck where did you get the recoil springs for that endeavor? I've got an old P94 in that could use some love but I haven't been able to turn up a spring for it.
    Probably did 20K before the first replacement then 10K and then every 5 or so as I learned more about spring durability. Not really that many springs. For most of that time Ruger sold them. Honestly have went through as many sets of plastic floor plates as recoil springs. First set seemed to last forever then the more recent versions seemed to break after a year or two.

I've been using an M&P 9 for a couple years so the P94 is pretty much retired.

The Beretta 92 recoil springs work too. I actually bought a chrome silicon one from Brownell's I've meant to install along with all new springs (got a complete set from Ruger about 5 years ago) & extractor just in case the zombie apocalypse requires I un-retire it but haven't yet. Maybe this winter!

ETA - It's still on the original extractor, trigger, hammer and other smaller springs. Only broke an ejector once about 10 years ago and didn't notice until I tore it down for a cleaning. Probably shot two or three USPSA matches with it broken based on the weaker ejection I recalled once I found it.
    Last edited by Lomshek; 09-01-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Ruger P-94DC w/laser

I bought this directly from Ruger in 1995. It's LE and Special Ops only. It has a laser built into the frame. Laser on/off switch sits right under your right or left index finger tip as you remove it from the holster, so you can turn it on instantly. Haven't shot it in years. I was looking for a Ruger manual for it, but says there isn't a manual specifically for the P-94DC with the laser. Only the normal P-94 manual, which is identical except for the laser.
    Just have to find the Energizer 393 batteries for the laser and put it in the nightstand. Going to all lasers for night ops.

If anyone else has one give me a shout on RDBRIGGS13@VERIZON.NET.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Heck where did you get the recoil springs for that endeavor? I've got an old P94 in that could use some love but I haven't been able to turn up a spring for it.
    I obtained mine for my P-94 by calling Ruger direct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I bought this directly from Ruger in 1995. It's LE and Special Ops only. It has a laser built into the frame. Laser on/off switch sits right under your right or left index finger tip as you remove it from the holster, so you can turn it on instantly. Haven't shot it in years. I was looking for a Ruger manual for it, but says there isn't a manual specifically for the P-94DC with the laser. Only the normal P-94 manual, which is identical except for the laser.
    Just have to find the Energizer 393 batteries for the laser and put it in the nightstand. Going to all lasers for night ops.

If anyone else has one give me a shout on RDBRIGGS13@VERIZON.NET.
    You bumped a thread from 2015 to tell us you have a spec ops only Ruger pistol with laser? And that you are running all lasers for your night ops?

Weird flex, but ok.

-Cory

I've heard it personally from an extremely reliable and knowledgeable industry source that the recoil spring on the P89/P89 is considered to be a "lifetime" spring; my extrapoltion from that is that it should be perfectly viable for at least 20K rounds.

While I personally have a spare recoil spring and extractor for my P89, there's an excellent chance that they'll remain packaged up for my lifetime's use of the pistol...

Best, Jon

User Tag List