Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Training so bad it's painful to watch

It really is more rewarding to go out and shoot and then to update your training journal here

Negativity can be infectious.
    #RESIST

Same group of ballers running what they call El Presidente

FF to 3:23 for the money shot

Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 08-24-2015 at 11:37 AM.

My buddy just got into shooting and got his first gun recently. Really been trying to show him some fundamentals, but I'm pretty new and not an instructor, so really just focusing on trying to impart safety. Been trying to encourage some formal training for safety + fundamentals, but he seems really hesitant. Honestly if he just wants to make stuff go bang, as long as he does so safely who am I to judge? But I really don't want to see him turn out like these guys or the poor guy in the other thread that shot himself holstering AIWB.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Been trying to encourage some formal training for safety + fundamentals, but he seems really hesitant.
    My bet is that he's hesitant for the same reason most men are hesitant to compete with firearms: most American men think they were born being good at three things: driving, shooting, and you can guess #3. Therefore he doesn't think he needs instruction.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 08-24-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Please stop clicking on videos of retards on YouTube, clicks are all they care about
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    My bet is that he's hesitant for the same reason most men are hesitant to compete with firearms: most American men think they were born being good at three things: driving, shooting, and you can guess #3. Therefore he doesn't think he needs instruction.
    So much this.

Maybe 1/10 in the average basic or intro level class are as good as they think they are. But, you have to get over the hurdle of ego-fear to go see this for yourself.

If somebody actually wants to get better/good, they will eventually get over that. Sometimes it takes some encouragement or reinforcement that almost everyone was at that point at some time. It's just like going to the gym: showing up and putting in the time is honorable and respectable to anyone whose opinion one should give a frak about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Please stop clicking on videos of retards on YouTube, clicks are all they care about
    It's like a bad wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but you can't help yourself.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    The painful part is that these dudes clearly want to be competent shooters. The desire is there, but the ability is sorely lacking. That makes me sad.
    Concur. They'd definitely improve if they opted to train with a competent, professional instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    Concur. They'd definitely improve if they opted to train with a competent, professional instructor.
    I've long been of the opinion that most 'serious' gun people train too much, and practice too little. The YouTube video is a good example of the extreme opposite.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    This.

Also, this is one of the rare places I can go online and escape the derp. Everyone is aware of this junk, and where to find it, no need to muddy the waters here.
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-24-2015 at 03:45 PM.

User Tag List