Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Training so bad it's painful to watch

Training so bad it's painful to watch

Looks like they edited it since yesterday, I didn't see the crazy amount of sweeping and the guy that reholstered without looking that dropped his gun on the ground.

They've also removed all the negative comments. I especially loved the ones where they told people to stop being safety nuts.

Some people are too stupid to live.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post

Looks like they edited it since yesterday, I didn't see the crazy amount of sweeping and the guy that reholstered without looking that dropped his gun on the ground.

They've also removed all the negative comments. I especially loved the ones where they told people to stop being safety nuts.

Some people are too stupid to live.
    They didn't cut the part showing the shooter holstering his cocked Sig.

Training implies progress in skill. This looks to be an ego stroking exercise for the instructor and his shooting acolyte.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Was this actually some kind of training class, or was it s couple of dudes getting together for some practice?

Either way, the really painful part isn't the sweeping, the reholstering of a cocked pistol, the drop-leg holster flopping around the dude's knee, the questionable trigger finger indexing, the starting a drill with hands on the gun, or the non-existant backstop.

The painful part is that these dudes clearly want to be competent shooters. The desire is there, but the ability is sorely lacking. That makes me sad.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Apologies, no time to rewatch today. You're right this isn't training, this is tacticool dimwits feeling cool, brought to the absolute extreme.

Site Supporter
    The Serpa thigh rig speaks for itself but what's up with the guy with the RDS wearing his holster up in his armpit?
    Last edited by HCM; 08-24-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rhines View Post
    Was this actually some kind of training class, or was it s couple of dudes getting together for some practice?

Either way, the really painful part isn't the sweeping, the reholstering of a cocked pistol, the drop-leg holster flopping around the dude's knee, the questionable trigger finger indexing, the starting a drill with hands on the gun, or the non-existant backstop.

The painful part is that these dudes clearly want to be competent shooters. The desire is there, but the ability is sorely lacking. That makes me sad.
    Don't forget the badass code names.

I don't honestly think much desire is there for improvement. If it was we wouldn't be watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Don't forget the badass code names.

I don't honestly think much desire is there for improvement. If it was we wouldn't be watching this.
    Didn't catch the code names, I was watching on my phone with the sound off. Yeah, that's extremely lame.

If there was truly no desire for learning among that group, I don't that they would have brought out the timer. Maybe. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

If there was truly no desire for learning among that group, I don't that they would have brought out the timer. Maybe. Maybe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
    That was my thought too. It's obviously not formal training, I just see a couple guys who seem to want to get better at shooting so they brought a timer to help give a little structure to their range trip. As far as YouTube gun-related asshattery goes I don't see much to get worked up about.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Didn't catch the code names, I was watching on my phone with the sound off. Yeah, that's extremely lame.

They should have skipped the timer and packed a calendar instead.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

That's enough for today and this week. I called someone out on another spot on the internet, for having four Noveske's, a Vang-Comp 870, five pistols, chest rig, ammo, stacks of magazines, etc. but storing it all in a Stack-On steel locker and calling it "secure". The same person showed their "training" - shooting a 'Veske with a Aimpoint on top at 25 yards and was "pleased" when he got "most of the rounds on target".

The tactical-derpitude being demonstrated recently illustrates to me the old addage is true, "A fool and his money are soon parted." - I'm pulling out of the internets this week, full stop. I'm gonna go work on my dissertation and dryfire for a while.

User Tag List