Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 1,000 Round Range Report: Pour yourself a mug, let’s have a talk.

Quote Originally Posted by johncorey View Post
    As of now it's all talk and chit chat. The only thing which is certain is that HK is no longer producing the VP 9&40, or the P30SK this year. At least for the U.S. market. There's plenty of speculation as to why. I'm certainly not privy to the factual reasoning. Once they start cranking em out again, we'll see what happens. Maybe nothing. Maybe everything. Or maybe list price becomes street price. I think a safe bet would be to swoop in now, if a VP 9 or 40 is on your "to buy" horizon. Why gamble with an unknown in the future?
    Solid copy.

I'm hanging on to mine. I fished it out of GJM's dumpster in March. Pretty sure he hasn't missed it yet.

Kidding! No, I followed the advice here and bought a VP9 already. It shoots totally better than my M&P it is not funny. At 25 yards Sunday I had 19 of 20 rounds 'on' the B-8 standing 2 handed. Which for me, learning to shoot 2 years ago at age 55, is pretty good.

That's some solid shooting for anyone, at any age, or any level of training! I may have to finally see what all this VP9 hype is about....a dude was running one at IDPA on Saturday. Looked very slick while shooting it. He did have more than a few stoppages, which was of interest to me. Regardless, the gun is a winner for sure.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The VP Series sales will take a Big Nosedive if HK raises the price by $200 per unit.
    Agreed, one of the biggest selling points was that this was a pistol that really needed nothing but the sights of your choice, and even then, the stock sights weren't that bad.. They start jacking up the price, and sales will stagnate. It's a great pistol at $550-650. Competes well with Glock at that price point. Bump the price up to $750-$850, and people will give them a passing glance on their way down to the Glock end of the counter.. With a $300 million debt hanging over their head, HK can't afford to do something stupid, and this would be.
    Last edited by ralph; 08-31-2015 at 10:28 PM.

That's some solid shooting for anyone, at any age, or any level of training!
    Indeed.

Well, this IS HK we are talking about....plenty of missteps have been made before. And before someone reminds me how the German export laws prevent them for being billionaires twenty times over, this is the same country which allows and even protects German firms to bribe other firms/entities/govs when doing business outside of Germany proper. The soul requirement is that the bribe amount must be claimed as an operating expense come tax time. So I would argue that a certain flexibility is definitely there. Where there's a will there's a way.

Well, this IS HK we are talking about....plenty of missteps have been made before. And before someone reminds me how the German export laws prevent them for being billionaires twenty times over, this is the same country which allows and even protects German firms to bribe other firms/entities/govs when doing business outside of Germany proper. The soul requirement is that the bribe amount must be claimed as an operating expense come tax time. So I would argue that a certain flexibility is definitely there. Where there's a will there's a way.
    How about US import laws. May want to look at the GCA of 68. Also, if you do not believe that US gun companies would ever provide "incentives" to prospective buyers, you are also quite naive.

I certainly expect that the price will go up on HK products as necessary. You know,just like everything else. Believing that HK is going to raise the price of the VP9 several hundred dollars "just cause" is an interesting concept. I've been working with a company that sells products made in Europe for eight years.....and they have had regular minor price increases to maintain specific profit margins based on the economics at the time that affect multiple markets.

If you think that there will never be VP9's again and if they do show up, they will be several hundred dollars more expensive, I highly suggest buying a Glock.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

That's some solid shooting for anyone, at any age, or any level of training! I may have to finally see what all this VP9 hype is about....a dude was running one at IDPA on Saturday. Looked very slick while shooting it. He did have more than a few stoppages, which was of interest to me. Regardless, the gun is a winner for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
    Indeed.
    Um, just to be clear, I meant "on" the B-8 target, as in, on the 8" 1/2 x 11" paper, not in the bull.

It was during the 400 drill of the week Sunday. I found it remarkable, because with my M&P, I found that half of my rounds were on target and the other half, well, I have no idea where they landed. This happened often enough that I found myself wondering, you know, is it the gun? I started reading here on p-f.com about the M&P full size 9mm accuracy issues, and ended up buying the VP9.

Although I'm no target shooter, and the concept of putting 10 rounds inside a 4" circle at 25 yards is not a feat I am likely to do in a self defense scenario. It did bother me that I did not have a gun that I could rely on consistently to evaluate and judge MY progress. With the VP9, I don't have that concern.

There is like NO WAY I am in the same league of shooting as you all; I am just beginning to realize I have no idea what I don't know about marksmanship.

Sorry for the diversion, I just wanted to clear that up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RJ; 09-01-2015 at 07:36 AM.

Makes sense to me, Rich. Although that group is not a the level of some, don't forget to view your results through mission application. If you're practicing to be a bullseye shooter, then you have reason for disappointment. If you're practicing for defensive purposes, then overlaying that target on a human will show some pretty effective shooting at 25 yards. Sure, you have room to grow, as I don't believe anyone can ever be "too accurate", but don't discount your current capabilities as they apply to the "big picture". In other words, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    How about US import laws. May want to look at the GCA of 68. Also, if you do not believe that US gun companies would ever provide "incentives" to prospective buyers, you are also quite naive.

I certainly expect that the price will go up on HK products as necessary. You know,just like everything else. Believing that HK is going to raise the price of the VP9 several hundred dollars "just cause" is an interesting concept. I've been working with a company that sells products made in Europe for eight years.....and they have had regular minor price increases to maintain specific profit margins based on the economics at the time that affect multiple markets.

If you think that there will never be VP9's again and if they do show up, they will be several hundred dollars more expensive, I highly suggest buying a Glock.

nyeti,

I am aware that it takes two to tango, but the vast majority of people assume that the largest obstacles for HK offering products which one would assume to sell very well here, are the German Export Laws. I also have no doubts that US gun companies offer incentives to potential buyers, but the difference here is that the German Gov has a law on the books which allows for that which I stated. We do not have any equivalent here.

I never stated, nor do I believe that HK will raise the price several hundred dollars "just cause". As I stated, if there is an accompanying price increase come the spring, then I am certainly not privy to that information. Raising prices to keep in step with inflation/growth/current whatever is normal and expected from a consumers stand point.

I also never stated, nor do I believe that there will never be VP9's again. I did state that HK is turning the spigot off now/soon, and won't open it back up for the aforementioned models until the spring. I have heard that from enough vetted posts that I take it to be fact. We even have a solid thread on it here. If this is incorrect, then I'm sure someone with first hand knowledge would have chimed in by now.

My opinion still remains the same. If any potential buyer of a VP9 or VP40 is on the cusp, you may as well jump on the purchase now when they are to be had freely all week for mid $500s. A bird in the hand and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Um, just to be clear, I meant "on" the B-8 target, as in, on the 8" 1/2 x 11" paper, not in the bull.

It was during the 400 drill of the week Sunday. I found it remarkable, because with my M&P, I found that half of my rounds were on target and the other half, well, I have no idea where they landed. This happened often enough that I found myself wondering, you know, is it the gun? I started reading here on p-f.com about the M&P full size 9mm accuracy issues, and ended up buying the VP9.

Although I'm no target shooter, and the concept of putting 10 rounds inside a 4" circle at 25 yards is not a feat I am likely to do in a self defense scenario. It did bother me that I did not have a gun that I could rely on consistently to evaluate and judge MY progress. With the VP9, I don't have that concern.

There is like NO WAY I am in the same league of shooting as you all; I am just beginning to realize I have no idea what I don't know about marksmanship.

Sorry for the diversion, I just wanted to clear that up.
    What StraitR said.

User Tag List