Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 1,000 Round Range Report: Pour yourself a mug, let’s have a talk.

Quote Originally Posted by KPD View Post
    I was issued a VP9 a few months ago but just got around to firing it yesterday.
    I wish I had done so sooner.
    My only real complaint is that the grip is more round than I am used to and it caused me to present the gun a little left. Nothing that can't be overcome and isn't a big deal.

A great little pistol!
    Try swapping the side grip panels into different combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Yeah, I think HK did better than they expected with the VP series so far, I'm waiting to see what they do with a .45, and I'm really hoping that they don't listen to the HK fanbois over at HK pro, and come out with a VP9sk instead of a VP9c, They make a VP9c, something about the size of a P-2000/g19, that uses already existing P-2000 mags, I think those would sell really well, especially if they can keep the price point close to glock's..
    All they have to do is reduce the height of the frame as the slide/barrel is already G19 size.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    and not bothering to sort out ammo beforehand (tumbling bullets are inaccurate, go figure).
    You're supposed to put some powder in them, you know?

I saw the results. For an immediate result after a switch from a 40 oz gun with a sweetest trigger in existence, that's pretty darn good. Steve and Zack are a formidable competition but they don't have an unconditional support of HK fanboys of the world, and HK fanboys is a very special force to reckon with.

Seriously, I have no doubt you'll do well with it.
    Last edited by YVK; 10-09-2015 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    These threads are incredibly valuable even the slight tangents pulling in very good knowledge and information. VP-9s are out in California unless you want to pay $$$ for "used" - lots of speculative purchasing prior to the expiration of SSE. Still, as a soon to be CC permit holder I'm good with my choice of an H&K P2000 LEM in 9mm. I wanted a safe trigger and one as far from our competition 1911s as possible. I've really come to appreciate the value of thumb on the hammer when re-holstering. And it's darn accurate once you get used to the cover sight picture. Would love to replace our few remaining M&Ps with VP-9s if only that were possible.
    Great to hear, bud.

Since posting I've shot another perfect 300 score on the FAM PPC and a 298 tonight...with my VP9.

I'm at 2300 rounds now and she's running great.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    As much as I take everything over there with a grain of salt, if I read the "insider information" from a couple weeks back correctly, we're going to see VP9sk and VP40sk at SHOT (or shortly thereafter). No word on any plans for a VP9/40c, or VP45 anything...
    Damn, That kinda kills it for me... I've no use for a SK anything.. P-2000/G19 size is about as small as I'm willing to go.. Well, I guess I'll sit back and wait, My grey framed G19 is working fine after I got it straightened out with some help from Apex Tactical.. I have 2 VP9's, and no doubt they're great pistols. Still, the G19 is easier to carry concealed for me, and when shooting both side by side, the times were close, but the sights come back down on target for me with the G19, with the VP9 they're usually off to the left/right and a correction is needed before pulling off the next shot.
    Last edited by ralph; 10-10-2015 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    All they have to do is reduce the height of the frame as the slide/barrel is already G19 size.
    There was a thread over at HKpro, and possibly here, where a guy chopped a VP9 to use P-2000 mags, I thought it turned out pretty well, and last I heard there were no problems with it. I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before someone offer a chopping service for VP9's..

I will probably purchase a VP9 SK as soon as they are available.

There was a thread over at HKpro, and possibly here, where a guy chopped a VP9 to use P-2000 mags, I thought it turned out pretty well, and last I heard there were no problems with it. I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before someone offer a chopping service for VP9's..
    I will wait on the VP9 SK rather than chop one of my VP pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    I will wait on the VP9 SK rather than chop one of my VP pistols.
    Oh, I understand.. If you read the thread, the VP9 was chopped to a "c" length. That took maybe a 1/2" off the grip. For somebody that wants a "VP9c" this may be the only route available for awhile, as it's beginning to look like HK is going to go with a SK... I've also read where HK is going to raise prices when VP9 production resumes,(I, like anyone else have no real idea if that's true) That, IMO, would be a foolish move. While the VP9 has a lot of things going for it, one of those things was price..it was very reasonable considering what you were getting in return. Raise the price by say $100 or so, and a lot of potential customers are going to walk right by and stop down at the Glock/M&P end of the counter... And for a company who's carrying a $300million euro debt, raising prices in a already flooded market is a foolish thing to do.

And for a company who's carrying a $300million euro debt, raising prices in a already flooded market is a foolish thing to do.
    Over on HKPro, a fellow who was a 20+ year HK employee and still has hooks into the company stated that the "new" management team for HK was basically more of the same; his exact words were "re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic."

So I wouldn't expect any brilliant moves. If half of the reports concerning their debt is true (and the financial gutting of the firm by the previous owners is apparently well-documented), I honestly don't see how they can remain viable; especially with the German government on their ass now for the supposed illegal sales to Mexico and other bastions of democracy.

Whatever; I've got multiple examples of my favorite HK pistols, and a few key parts. I've kept most of my Glocks as a fall-back 'platform', and in fact may start carrying the G43 here shortly. Spent the day walking the mall with the wife and grandkids, and my hips are killing me. Not sure whether I'm falling apart faster than I thought, or its the weight of a full-size piece/spare magazine. But something has to give…

User Tag List