Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 1,000 Round Range Report: Pour yourself a mug, let’s have a talk.

I just picked up a vp9. I really have enjoyed the p30 so I have been meaning to pick up a vp9. Hopefully some more sight options start to become available.

On a side note, when I rented a vp9 and was attempting to do some malfunction stuff with spent cases( normally use snap caps) it would feed and camber them no problem. Now it does not matter to me if a gun will feed empty casings because it really is not applicable but it still is kinda impressive.

Got a notification email at 3:25am that .156 notch rear sights are finally back in stock at 10-8. I've been waiting for months, get them while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Makes sense to me, Rich. Although that group is not a the level of some, don't forget to view your results through mission application. If you're practicing to be a bullseye shooter, then you have reason for disappointment. If you're practicing for defensive purposes, then overlaying that target on a human will show some pretty effective shooting at 25 yards. Sure, you have room to grow, as I don't believe anyone can ever be "too accurate", but don't discount your current capabilities as they apply to the "big picture". In other words, well done.
    ya great job rich! While I shoot B8's for certain drills, i find I have more fun and success shooting a 8inch circle at 25 yards at a rapid pace. With that said, I will use a B8 to check my slow fire from time to time.. One of my favorite ways to practice cadence and shooting past "contact" distances is the 10 in 10 seconds at 10 yards. I then do 10 rounds at 15 yards in 12 seconds, 10 rounds at 20 in 14 seconds and, 5 rounds in 10 seconds at 25...

Quote Originally Posted by johncorey View Post
    I did state that HK is turning the spigot off now/soon, and won't open it back up for the aforementioned models until the spring. I have heard that from enough vetted posts that I take it to be fact. We even have a solid thread on it here. If this is incorrect, then I'm sure someone with first hand knowledge would have chimed in by now.
    Not necessarily contradicting you on this, but I just received confirmation that my backup VP9 and a bunch of magazines will be arriving at my local LGS direct from HK on the first of October.

It's possible it is a gun they already had on hand, but I doubt it. I don't really know more than anyone else, and my circumstance may be a bit different from others since I am sponsored by HK and have priority on guns and equipment; but it does appear that they are still actively producing these guns, at least in some volume.

For reference, I got confirmation from my HK rep that my order was submitted yesterday.
    Last edited by Talionis; 09-09-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Further info

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    Not necessarily contradicting you on this, but I just received confirmation that my backup VP9 and a bunch of magazines will be arriving at my local LGS direct from HK on the first of October.

It's possible it is a gun they already had on hand, but I doubt it. I don't really know more than anyone else, and my circumstance may be a bit different from others since I am sponsored by HK and have priority on guns and equipment; but it does appear that they are still actively producing these guns, at least in some volume.

For reference, I got confirmation from my HK rep that my order was submitted yesterday.
    It might give a lead on production status at HK if you post the first three of your s/n...recent production guns should be 05xxxx, if I am reading recent postings of s/n's right...

I'll be happy to do so when I get my mitts on it.

Let us know how you and the VP9 do this weekend, and best of luck!

G&R has vp9s in stock.

Easily one of the best posts on this forum. Well-written, concise but not ambiguous. Cited experiences and not supposition.
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post

The fireside chatter out there is that the mothership has/will be turning the spigot off in Oberndorf. So however many VP9s, Vp40s and P30SKs made it onto our shores prior to, is more than likely where the current stock is coming from. There are enough distributors sitting on plenty to last longer than some on Pro mentioned. Especially VP9s. I doubt that your status as one of the Initiated will ever leave you wanting and wishing into the HK fountain!
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

User Tag List