Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight alignment tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Instead of surrendering to OCD tendancies, when I replace the rear sight on a Glock (and I've done dozens of them), take a pencil and make a pair of Mk I, Mod 0 eyeball determined witness marks on where the rear sight notch is on top of the slide. Then remove the old sight (usually that factory plastic POS) and install the new one. Using your sight tool, align the new one to the witness marks and then go and refine the setting with carefully fired groups at no less than 15 yards and preferably well delivered 25 yard groups. Then go and train hard with the system.
    Do you recommend shooting groups for zero off a rest or freehand?

Site Supporter
    I use my dial caliber but typically can "eyeball" them pretty close

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Do you recommend shooting groups for zero off a rest or freehand?
    I do both. I'll usually zero off the bags at 25 yards and then start shooting standing freehand groups to verify that everything is set up well.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter

Sight pusher tool for Beretta Vertec?

Any suggestions for a good tool for replacing front and rear sights on a Beretta 92?
    Specifically for a Vertec slide, but it would be handy if it would also work for rear sights on traditional 92 slides.
    Last edited by GyroF-16; 07-22-2018 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added title

I use a cheap dial caliper from Harbor Freight to get them dead center. For sight pushers, I use MGW tools and have the Sight Pro as well as the Rangemaster model uppers with just one lower part for both. I also have a dedicated Glock tool since I get so many Glocks in for sight work.

Expensive tools but they are worth it.

For the Glock fronts I use a dedicated nut driver........cant remember the name of it but it starts with a W. Wiha? I also have a freebie one from Ameriglo that is not deep like the nut driver so that the front post nut doesn't go too deep in the driver to engage the threads.

User Tag List