Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Peltor TEP-100 ear plugs

Bump, since I have input. I used these this weekend at a Steel Challenge match and pretty much forgot I was wearing them. I love these for pistol matches. Easy to loop around your neck if not in use as opposed to traditional ear muffs.
    #RESIST

Here's my annual asking:

"Has any one tried putting these under electronic muffs?"

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I made the mistake of wearing just the TEP while shooting carbines, with other shooters, under a covered area. Not enough protection, and I had some ringing in my ears. After that, I went back to my regular over the ear Peltor muffs (alone) and carry the TEP plugs in my travel bag, since they are so small, for intermittent use.
    I've been doubling up with the Peltors & Surefire EP4s. Pretty happy with that combo so far.

Site Supporter
    What is the audio quality like with these plugs? I'm wondering how they compare to my SportEAR hearing aids which were much more expensive. The SportEAR devices are digitally programmed and use custom molded shells, so probably not a fair comparison but still I'm curious.

Anyone have any long term use they can comment on? Paul Howe was using them in a recent class and seemed happy with them. Our lead FI is talking about getting them for the FI's. He will let us choose the Comtac III's if we prefer. I already have MSA Sordins so I started researching the TEP-100's. Lots of feedback is mixed and several mentioned wind noise or the inability to determine sound direction.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone have any long term use they can comment on? Paul Howe was using them in a recent class and seemed happy with them. Our lead FI is talking about getting them for the FI's. He will let us choose the Comtac III's if we prefer. I already have MSA Sordins so I started researching the TEP-100's. Lots of feedback is mixed and several mentioned wind noise or the inability to determine sound direction.

Thanks!
    I don't have anything to add, but didn't want to bury the above post.

I'm also interested in the long term ruggedness and performance, as I need to figure out a better solution for daily industrial applications. I have two pairs of Sordins which won't fit under hard hats or welding hoods. My hearing is really starting to suffer .

Foam plugs often get pulled out to communicate well, and being effectively deaf while walking around industrial job sites is hazardous in it's own right.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 01-15-2018 at 07:41 PM.

User Tag List