Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peltor TEP-100 ear plugs

Brochure says up to 16 hours of run time. They have different sized tips that you can swap in to better fit your ears. If they use the audio industry standard nozzle sizes, you'll have plenty of options to figure out fit, as there are many aftermarket options for IEM sleeves (triple flanges, double flanges, olives, foamies, etc.). Many people can't stand having stuff in their ears for long periods of time, so that's something to be aware of; despite being a long time IEM user, I will occasionally still get itchy ear canals if using a worn out triple flange sleeve for an extended period of time. That issue can be partially alleviated with ear drops they make for hearing aid users who also have this issue. Note that pure plugs do not provide complete hearing protection, due to bone conduction.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    3m claims 9 hours of battery life with a 90 minute charge time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Brochure says up to 16 hours of run time.

Yep. You're right. Good catch. After looking again, my mistake. The 9 hour battery life came from a user review video I'd watched.

t

How comfortable are these?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    .... Many people can't stand having stuff in their ears for long periods of time, so that's something to be aware of; despite being a long time IEM user, I will occasionally still get itchy ear canals if using a worn out triple flange sleeve for an extended period of time. That issue can be partially alleviated with ear drops they make for hearing aid users who also have this issue. Note that pure plugs do not provide complete hearing protection, due to bone conduction.
    This is me; I have to be careful and wipe down ear pro, iPod earphones etc. with isopropyl frequently, or my ears start to itch.

I also have issues scuba diving unless I use Auro-Dri or similar after a dive, I'm just really susceptible to ear infections.

I would also be concerned about the part in bold, especially in the low frequency range.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-24-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Mine just got here Saturday and I totally forgot to bring them to the dinner with SLG and humblebrag.

Damn, these things are cool. Comfy and light. Pelican-like case, tough and water proof. The case is also the charger when the earplugs are seated in it. You can charge the earplugs using the 3 AAs within the case OR use the integrated USB port as there is no worry about double charging. Two types of sound enhancement; normal which is slightly enhanced over my ears and high volume which I can't help but think would be advantageous in say a listening post in the forest.

Cannot wait to go shoot with these.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-28-2015 at 07:52 AM.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    According to the datasheet you can expect a 23NRR with the included eartips and 30NRR with skull screw eartips purchased separately. I am curious if the amplification feature is affected by the skull screws or if they are much less comfortable. The foam plugs that I typically use are ~33NRR and would give up a little protection for the amplification. But not sure about dropping to 23NRR.

Bill Wilson was raving about these, and I decided to try them. About $130 from Botach. First range session yesterday, and initial impression is very positive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mine just got here Saturday and I totally forgot to bring them to the dinner with SLG and humblebrag.

Damn, these things are cool. Comfy and light. Pelican-like case, tough and water proof. The case is also the charger when the earplugs are seated in it. You can charge the earplugs using the 3 AAs within the case OR use the integrated USB port as there is no worry about double charging. Two types of sound enhancement; normal which is slightly enhanced over my ears and high volume which I can't help but think would be advantageous in say a listening post in the forest.

Cannot wait to go shoot with these.
    Thanks alot. And...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm seeing $229 here: https://www.botach.com/3m-peltor-tep...ital-earplugs/

Typo or did I miss a sale?
    My bad, with all the recent savings on cool stuff, due to PF, I was confused.

Stop... making... me... spend... money!
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List