Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CCW guy kills himself with ND while holstering

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Great idea. (Get both).

Choices are good.

Edit for question: the CAT is the one w Velcro, right?
    Yep, the CAT utilizes hook & loop: https://darkangelmedical.com/product...on-tourniquet/

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Thanks.

During the practical, we used the SOFT-T but I did recall our instructor mention the Velcro, relating to putting it on one handed/by yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This young man would have had a much harder time killing himself had he been using a RCS VG2. [of course that would have required he had a Glock or M&P]
    Last edited by JHC; 08-24-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    This young man would have had a much harder time killing himself had he been using a RCS VG2. [of course that would have required he had a Glock or M&P]
    It wouldn't cool to be digging into his pants to get the clip and reassemble the holster. But I guess it is better then being dead.

Where am I missing that it said what type of holster he did use?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Where am I missing that it said what type of holster he did use?
    He had a Springfield Armory pistol of some type so we know it was not a VG2 as I am pretty sure they are still only made for Glocks and M&Ps. I'm referring to the outside of the pants procedure to "re-holster" with the much maligned VG2.
    Last edited by JHC; 08-27-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Unlikely. He probably wouldn't have read the instructions and or even followed them. As sad as it is to say, this isn't a hardware issue, but a software one.

In the Revolver section we discussed why someone might recommend a wheel-gun over a semi-auto to a new gun owner. It was pointed out that the vast majority of people will spend little time educating themselves on the weapon or actually shooting it. After reading other thoughtful replies, I did a websearch on NDs that resulted in fatalities. Of course, in many other instances the fatal injury occured when holstering a semi-auto. - - When discussing handgun choices with someone recently, I asked him if he realistically thought he would put in regular practice with his handgun and get training. He said "No, probably not. Not enough time." Though nothing is absolutely fool proof (even a long & heavy d.a. revolver trigger), for this guy a revolver is a better choice as a house gun & if he goes out and carries it (he does have a carry permit). That may even be true for the majority of the public. - Now as for them being effective with a revolver beyond spitting range, - that's a whole different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    In the Revolver section we discussed why someone might recommend a wheel-gun over a semi-auto to a new gun owner. It was pointed out that the vast majority of people will spend little time educating themselves on the weapon or actually shooting it. After reading other thoughtful replies, I did a websearch on NDs that resulted in fatalities. Of course, in many other instances the fatal injury occured when holstering a semi-auto. - - When discussing handgun choices with someone recently, I asked him if he realistically thought he would put in regular practice with his handgun and get training. He said "No, probably not. Not enough time." Though nothing is absolutely fool proof (even a long & heavy d.a. revolver trigger), for this guy a revolver is a better choice as a house gun & if he goes out and carries it (he does have a carry permit). That may even be true for the majority of the public. - Now as for them being effective with a revolver beyond spitting range, - that's a whole different matter.
    Completely agree with your recommendation. I have recommended revolvers to quite a few friends recently, especially ones that were looking to get there first concealed carry gun. I usually recommend something like the sp101 to people that are not going to train very often..

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post

People were shooting themselves with revolvers long before semis were invented.

(Although heavy DA triggers are some help, they can't stop someone determined to screw up. And DA/SA triggers wait until the re-holster and resultant forgetting to decock.)
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-07-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List