Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CCW guy kills himself with ND while holstering

Damn that is a shame.

Just completed a GSW Trauma course yesterday and talked about how quickly you can bleed out if you have a major artery nicked.

IIRC it was 2 minutes.

Sad indeed for this young man.

It sounds like an inexperienced young man, but it's a warning for the rest of us. Take your eye off the ball for a second and bad things can happen.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It's very unfortunate, but symptomatic of the fashion show mentality that came with the glut of new gun owners post 2008. It's always been there, but since then it's gotten much worse.

Same deal with the surge of OC activism. Lots of people are more interested in posing for a selfie with their guns or looking good in public while OC'ing their rifle/plate carrier/drop rig than exercising basic gun safety. And this is the result.

Nobody wants to say it, but either the gun culture adapts (and discourages this behavior) or the tide of public opinion will turn. And when that happens there'll be a legislative solution rather than a cultural solution.

There's nothing wrong with recreational use of firearms, but they are not toys and that point needs to be driven home. It would be nice if our YouTube personalities collectively decided to do so with a unified front. I'm guessing that's the only way to reach them en masse.
    Last edited by jh9; 08-23-2015 at 04:13 PM.

I hadn't read either article.

On Friday evening, Mr. Phonisay apparently decided that he wanted to talk a selfie with his handgun, described in the Journal Sentinel as a “Springfield .45 -caliber handgun.”
    My last post wasn't intended to single out the deceased.

edited my last post to change the inflammatory phrasing
    Last edited by jh9; 08-23-2015 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I hadn't read either article.

My last post wasn't intended to single out the deceased.

edited my last post to change the inflammatory phrasing
    My post had nothing to do with what you said. It was merely info I had seen on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Just an observation on shooters in general and not the deceased, but with how many people (even noted top firearms trainers) forcefully shove their gun into their holster, I'm going to danger that the grip safety is usually disengaged.
    Don't forget about the shirt tail in the way too....

Perhaps it is local sampling bias, but among local gun owners the XDs grip safety lends a false sense of security. Ergo, Glock = "Whoa , gotta be careful cause NO SAFETY".

XD = " Safety rules are for kids. I've got a grip safety!".
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Doubley tragic because it was so avoidable
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Based on the behaviors I saw during the range portion of the state mandated CCW class, this doesn't surprise me.

User Tag List