Thread: IWB with tucked shirt

IWB with tucked shirt

finding it a bit of a challenge drawing from IWB in a tucked buttoned up collared work shirt. its quite difficult to clear the garment fully on more occasions than not i wind up pulling only a clump of shirt out, but not enough to estalish a clean grip for presentation. any suggestions on smoothing this out? its a lot different and more challenging to me than an open front cover garment.
    I feel that if a gun is good enough to protect something as important as a bar, then its good enough to protect my family. - Homer Simpson

What position are you carrying at?

When I carried that way I found how you tuck the shirt to be very critical. Needs to be smooth and as few layers of material as possible.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I've found carry postion to be pretty important. AIWB the tucked in shirt is pretty much a non-factor - the further back the harder it gets.

One thing that I've found to make it easier is to fold the shirt under itself so that only a little bit is actually tucked in and you aren't yanking 6" of shirt out when you go for the gun.

Carried a 1911 tucked-in for two years at 4 o'clock. Grab lower and further back, pull higher (pretty much up into your armpit). I did not find tucking technique to be critical since the amount/depth of shirt is limited by the nature of tuckable holsters anyway.

My one cent based on my limited experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jslaker View Post
    What position are you carrying at?
    half past 3
    I feel that if a gun is good enough to protect something as important as a bar, then its good enough to protect my family. - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    I've found carry postion to be pretty important. AIWB the tucked in shirt is pretty much a non-factor - the further back the harder it gets.
    Same experience here.

I found that behind the hip I usually needed to use both hands to clear the shirt cleanly; stronghand to clear the grip then weakhand up front as normal. It's slower, but faster than your shirt tail getting caught on the grip of the gun.

For tucked, I use non shoot hand to grab shirt with. It's slower, but consistant for me.

User Tag List