Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Either you buy these, or I take your car"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    While you'll get no argument from me about bosses mandating this kind of crap, let me ask you this....which is most likely:

1. Bosses told cop in video to threaten quid pro quo to sell tickets

2. Cop came up with improper quid pro quo offer all on his own

I'm gonna go with #2. He's probably the same guy who will offer "discretion" to some good looking chick in exchange for a hummer.
    There's a guy in this thread who can positively relate what exactly happened. Whether or not he does is up to him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There's a guy in this thread who can positively relate what exactly happened. Whether or not he does is up to him.
    I'm pretty sure that there's no explaining away what I saw, regardless of the backstory. That's the kind of thing expected of cops in places like Nicaragua or Venezuela.

While you'll get no argument from me about bosses mandating this kind of crap, let me ask you this....which is most likely:

1. Bosses told cop in video to threaten quid pro quo to sell tickets

2. Cop came up with improper quid pro quo offer all on his own

I'm gonna go with #2. He's probably the same guy who will offer "discretion" to some good looking chick in exchange for a hummer.
    Huge difference.

Neither is right, but at the end of the day a big difference.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

I'm pretty sure that there's no explaining away what I saw, regardless of the backstory. That's the kind of thing expected of cops in places like Nicaragua or Venezuela.
    You're making an assumption. An incorrect one

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You're making an assumption. An incorrect one
    Unless that was all a practical joke on someone, there's no excuse.

How much police misconduct are you willing to tolerate?

Unless that was all a practical joke on someone, there's no excuse.

How much police misconduct are you willing to tolerate?
    You're still incorrect on assuming this is condoned by the guy with inside knowledge of it and with regards to my alleged toleration of police misconduct, that's you still operating off of an initial incorrect assumption.

I'm not sure how to say this diplomatically so... either give more info or stop trying to chastise someone for having incomplete info. This "I know something you don't know shtick is tiresome".
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    What's the difference between cutting a break in exchange for $20 to charity and $20 in your pocket? Cutting them a break in exchange for $20 either way.
    Ding, Ding, Ding! Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm not sure how to say this diplomatically so... either give more info or stop trying to chastise someone for having incomplete info. This "I know something you don't know shtick is tiresome".
    Chastise?

If someone does not have all the information and decides to form an opinion based on not having enough information, possibly because a preconceived opinion of the context of the events, that is still their choice.

Or should everything be spelled out for everyone on every topic, ever?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post

Jody, I said point blank that AS's assumptions were wrong. I didn't insult him for being wrong, I told him that he is wrong with regards to folks attempting to explain the officer in the video's actions. It's right there in the thread. Do you want to turn that into "I know something you don't know" or do you see what I am saying?
    #RESIST

User Tag List