Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Americans Stop French Terrorist Attack

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Right... They beat him unconscious and one newsfeed reported a muzzle strike to the brain bucket with the AK. Guess that's not good enough?
    Lighten up, Francis. It was a joke, not commentary.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

We are now back on topic. Thank you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    4) why use a box cutter when you have a Kalashnikov?
    Apparently, another passenger bumped into the terrorist as he was coming out of the lavatory, and made a grab for the pistol, which then went off. I'm guessing maybe it didn't cycle correctly?

Once one of the Americans got hold of the AK, he said it had already jammed, though how that happened wasn't specified. Such might turn into a teachable moment at the next ECQC class.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    5) if the EU sends a woman to personally thank the three heroes, hope it is Carla Bruni and not Andrea Merkel.
    Angela Merkel personally bitched out Obama, and I would be happy to shake her hand.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Man, I really, really want it to turn out one is a supply clerk and the other is a chaplain's assistant...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Man, I really, really want it to turn out one is a supply clerk and the other is a chaplain's assistant...
    And the civi is mall security...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    According to the AF FB page Stone is an ambulance service technician. The heart of a warrior knows no limits of AFSC/MOS.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Those involved are slated to receive the Legion d'Honneur, France's highest honor.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/24/wo...T.nav=top-news

PARIS — Two days after a young Moroccan man was thwarted from an apparent plan to cause carnage on a Paris-bound express train, European officials confronted the deepening quandary of what additional steps they could take in the face of such attacks on soft targets, short of paralyzing public spaces or even more intrusive surveillance.
    Hmmm... if only our citizens had some means of defending themselves against armed attackers when our police simply cannot be present.... I wonder what sort of technology that would require? Maybe we can make an app?

The only answer to a gunman is another gunman. Of course this would require the citizens be armed,

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    The only answer to a gunman is another gunman. Of course this would require the citizens be armed,
    And be willing....and be trained....

Simply carrying a gun doesnt make a person a "gunman"
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List