Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Americans Stop French Terrorist Attack

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I'm curious where the train was when the guy attacked. If they had to stop in the middle of the countryside, it would have taken forever for emergency services to get there, and I kind of doubt police in the Belgian countryside are equipped to deal with that kind of thing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

"He didn't stand a chance" said the unarmed National Guardsman of the AK armed attacker. Lol man it doesn't get much better than that.
    http://news.yahoo.com/back-gun-train...074842971.html

Give me back my gun he pleaded as they beat him to sleep
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Food for thought. If you beat down and disarm a terrorist, be ready to use his weapons on any possible friends.

Also, the guy isn't in ICU, which proves Marines weren't involved.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Food for thought. If you beat down and disarm a terrorist, be ready to use his weapons on any possible friends.

Never miss a chance to pound a drum.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar

I kind of want to re-write the lyrics to make it a more appropriate commemoration of this event and the muzzle-thumping.
    3/15/2016

I'm guessing those three young men are eating well, drinking well and getting laid often right now.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm guessing those three young men are eating well, drinking well and getting laid often right now.
    Indeed, so much to like about this story and the happy ending. Few thoughts floating around my head.

1) regardless of what branch they were in, they fought like Marines.
    2) battle field pick-up just became more real.
    3) will there be a protest by the ISIS lives matter folks, suggesting excessive force was used.
    4) why use a box cutter when you have a Kalashnikov?
    5) if the EU sends a woman to personally thank the three heroes, hope it is Carla Bruni and not Andrea Merkel.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Credit where due. US Air Force seviceman Spencer Stone charged gunman for the tackle. I'm hearing on TV he is expected to recover.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/22...uropean-train/
    Much respect! I hope the young man is recognized by senior leadership for his courage and decisiveness. What a great role model for other Airmen.

My deep appreciation for the Oregon Guardsman as well. So many of our Guardsmen have fought long and well in the GWOT, including several good friends of mine.

Truly outstanding work by all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

Right... They beat him unconscious and one newsfeed reported a muzzle strike to the brain bucket with the AK. Guess that's not good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Right... They beat him unconscious and one newsfeed reported a muzzle strike to the brain bucket with the AK. Guess that's not good enough?
    Now, now, don't get upset. He was just making a funny.

Besides, we all know it was Brian Williams and not an airman, guardsman or Marine.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List