Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Americans Stop French Terrorist Attack

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    And be willing....and be trained....

Simply carrying a gun doesnt make a person a "gunman"
    Yup. A trained guy packed a concealed 9mm can lay some hate and discontent upon some jackass expecting to kill unarmed innocents with an AK.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yup. A trained guy packed a concealed 9mm can lay some hate and discontent upon some jackass expecting to kill unarmed innocents with an AK.
    Obviously there is more to it, but we saw first hand what happens when those willing to kill innocent Americans met the prepared, willing and able persons of the Garland PD.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    And be willing....and be trained....
    Telling point. Many 'gunmen' in the USA deny that they need training. This interacts with the antigun folk who worry that in some critical incident, the 'gunman' will shoot an innocent. Heard this over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Telling point. Many 'gunmen' in the USA deny that they need training.
    Spot on. After all, watching a Youtube video and shooting cans with an SKS at the gravel pit counts, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Telling point. Many 'gunmen' in the USA deny that they need training. This interacts with the antigun folk who worry that in some critical incident, the 'gunman' will shoot an innocent. Heard this over and over.
    I mean, not to be devils advocate or anything, but training target discrimination while running in a high heart-rate/condition/zone (whatever you wana call it) is not something people do. Hell, I've only done it a handful of times and of people I see in various circles discrimination and/or the training that is required is not even remotely touched on.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 08-24-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    In my one experience being a 'terrorist' for our local force, I was shot for standing there with my hands up. The reason, I moved. But that was the reason for the FOF, it made the point. In the NTI, my partner shot his 'son' hiding behind the shower curtain.

It's signal detection theory, there will be false alarms but is that risk worth it to stop a mass shooting. I've been told at a seminar on such that the financial liability for shooting an innocent by the law or someone allowed to carry at your place of business or campus, is great for the institution, then that of the mass killings.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/train-gu...ays-1440519918

Apparently he watched a jihadist video on You Tube on his phone, moments before exiting the bathroom shirtless, and commencing the attack. Probably should have watch a Chris Costa video on how to clear a malfunction.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/train-gu...ays-1440519918

Apparently he watched a jihadist video on You Tube on his phone, moments before exiting the bathroom shirtless, and commencing the attack. Probably should have watch a Chris Costa video on how to clear a malfunction.
    AKs never jam Cletus told me.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Speaking of training, here's an interesting angle to the story, cross-posted from TPI:

http://m.mixedmartialarts.com/mma-ne...ing-terrorist/

If you're going to go hands-on with an AK-toting Jihadi in an NPE, it never hurts to have your Jits game tuned up.

User Tag List