Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regal Movie Theaters To Begin Searching Bags

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like this.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    What do they intend to do in CHL states. In TX I haven't see one posted properly so are they going to begin refunding money if they find a gun on someone?
    They won't have to worry about me putting that scenario to the test. Where I live its cheaper to shoot at the indoor range then it is to go see a movie. Even the popcorn costs more then Ammo .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

I believe the new policy is in response to this incident:

http://www.nashville.gov/News-Media/...ater-Case.aspx

From the media release:
    When four SWAT team members deployed into the theater, Montano had already discharged significant chemical spray into the auditorium. The theater was dimly lit. The SWAT members shouted repeated commands at Montano to surrender. Some of those officers reported hearing pops as if from a small caliber firearm. Montano was also hurling objects, including chemical spray canisters, at them. Montano also brought a propane canister into the theater along with a lighter and lighter fluid.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

People still go to theaters?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    People still go to theaters?
    My girl and I go to the theater a couple times a year, usually just to get out when the bowling alleys are closed and theres nothing to do. Seeing the original Wizard of Oz on the big screen was actually kind of cool, but we both enjoy a flick now and then.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Much like the aforementioned Disney and SeaWorld, I could imagine someone quietly chuckling to themselves walking in with a concealed pistol on his person while his wife has to present her purse for examination.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Much like the aforementioned Disney and SeaWorld, I could imagine someone quietly chuckling to themselves walking in with a concealed pistol on his person while his wife has to present her purse for examination.
    It just hit me that this might be what it takes to get the wife to stop with the off-body carry...

Jesus, I'm gonna go broke buying her a holster to go with every outfit!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Meh. Would rather go to the range and have Afghan food after.

So you want to search my bag, Regal?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Shortly after Aurora they searched bags as I was going to see the Batman movie with the family. They wanted to look through my mother's purse. Of course they didn't pat me down...nor would I have allowed it...so they didn't have a clue.

Bag searching seems like a great idea for about 1/4 second. Then you realize that if they attempt a bag search on somebody who is there to cause problems the poor minimum wage teenager or oldster doing that job is going to be on the pointy end of a criminal assault...potentially a lethal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    My mother almost said something stupid about how many weapons I was carrying while she was the one getting her bag searched while the search was happening.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 08-21-2015 at 10:53 PM.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List