Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best value semi-auto 12ga?

Site Supporter
    I like the Stoeger M3000 also - I have the 24 inch model. The Brian Enos 3 gun section has a very extensive discussion of the M3000 - http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...owtopic=173219

http://www.multigunmedia.com/m30003gun.pdf

Above is the article that started the M3000 wave.

Site Supporter
    Resurrecting this thread for advice: I'm a lefty, and I generally don't like crossbolt safeties. The Mossberg 930 looks attractive to me because of its tang safety. I understand that it has been problematic, at least reading posts here and on the internet.

Which of the recommended semis have a relatively easy to switch safety (ie righty to lefty). Benellis? I recall that their monfeltros actually included instructions on how to switch right to left in the manual. They appear to have taken that out of the manual, though.
    Last edited by idahojess; 06-26-2016 at 12:45 PM.

The Remington 1100 (and the 870, 11/87, etc) does have a crossbolt safety but there are kits to convert it to a lefty-friendly arrangement. I know this because a used 1100 I bought was so converted and, as a righty, I had to switch it back. One example:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/463...870-1100-11-87
    Last edited by SMD; 06-26-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Benelli is easily switchable as well, as is the 1301 (not sure about other Berettas. Anyone know?)

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Resurrecting this thread for advice: I'm a lefty, and I generally don't like crossbolt safeties. The Mossberg 930 looks attractive to me because of its tang safety. I understand that it has been problematic, at least reading posts here and on the internet.

Which of the recommended semis have a relatively easy to switch safety (ie righty to lefty). Benellis? I recall that their monfeltros actually included instructions on how to switch right to left in the manual. They appear to have taken that out of the manual, though.
    I shoot long guns lefty and switched my 1301 cross-bolt safety over for LH use. No issues with it thus far.

Does the 1301 need aftermarket parts, or is the stock safety switchable to a left-handed configuration?
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

My next purchase is going to be a semi-auto. But I really would like a 20" or under barrel with removable choke. Beretta 1301 comp is appealing because of factory capacity. I need something that is legally able to hunt in Michigan. But be able to throw a mag extension on when needed. The 1301 comp. is appealing. Barrel is not much longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List