Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best value semi-auto 12ga?

what model? The one I bought had monte carlo stock and ventilated rib.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    2 3/4" fixed choke 1100's can be had for very cheap off gun store used racks. Those guns are viewed as having very limited applications these days & gun shops let them go very cheaply more often than not.

Can you replace my shotgun world link with your link?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

Best of the breed. M2
    Best value M3000
    Stay away from 1100 made after about 1980. Low mileage pre 80 ok, but not a 1st choice.
    1301. Not enough personal experience for me to judge.
    Versa Max. Spin the dial. All lack QC. Some run some are a pain. All have substandard parts.
    FN SLP. Good stuff for the most part.

I only offer from personal knowledge. Most of you don't have a clue about me so even that may be suspect.
    I do not have a "blood and guts" pedigree.

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    Best of the breed. M2
    Best value M3000
    Stay away from 1100 made after about 1980. Low mileage pre 80 ok, but not a 1st choice.
    1301. Not enough personal experience for me to judge.
    Versa Max. Spin the dial. All lack QC. Some run some are a pain. All have substandard parts.
    FN SLP. Good stuff for the most part.

I only offer from personal knowledge. Most of you don't have a clue about me so even that may be suspect.
    I have both an SLP and M3k.
    I discuss shotguns regularly with 3 gun folks, much less frequently with any other demographic.

I agree, at face value, with the above.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    I thought that somebody here (Jody, maybe, or GJM?) discovered a fatal flaw in the 1301; to wit, if the gun is fully loaded/safety on, bumping the release button dumps another shell onto the lifter, which totally ties the gun up? Not sure about this, but I AM sure about the AL390 I use for an HD shotgun… it can get all gooned up while fumbling to reload it under stress, if you don't follow the exact sequence necessary, and you can leave a thumbnail in the loading port very easily if you aren't careful. If I ever really need it, once its empty it will be dropped in place and I'll be looking for my pistol.

But for those four rounds… the only "tactical" shotgun I've handled that shoots faster is the Benelli M1. Too bad that worthy kills on one end and wounds on the other…

I was not aware of issues with the 1301. Thanks, as I was half heartedly looking for a way to talk myself into buying one. That's now on hold...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I was just thinking Remington model 11.

Not what most are looking for these days though.
    Are you going to tie a white handkerchief to the muzzle as a night site?

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    I think your "pedigree" holds up quite well, here.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Site Supporter
    It seems the Stoeger M 3000/M3K is basically a Benelli M-1. I'm guessing Beretta (which owns Benelli) sold the M1 tooling to Turkey when they sold them the tooling for the cougar pistol.

Does anyone know how much interchangeability there is, if any between the Bonelli M1/M2 and the Stoeger?

If you're thinking about chopping the barrel on an 1100, it's better to find one with two gas ports drilled in the barrel. It's much easier to get the double ports reamed out and running reliably with a short barrel than the single port.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    Is there a reason no one one likes the 1100?
    They tend to be heavier than what's available now. Not a problem if you're not planning on lugging it around in the field all day.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List