Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gel test: 9mm & .45 ACP Polycase Inceptor ARX

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggin View Post
    Pfft. "Tactical is sooo last decade. Today's copy goes more like this: "The dynamic fluid displacement flutes dimensionally shift tissue and fluids through a 90° phase, altering angle of attack to achieve systematically awesomer wounding performance in the battlespace."
    Asymetrical battlespace.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Interestingly, their bodyguards do carry JHP...
    We really are becoming more like the old regime in France all the time, aren't we? The aristocracy passes laws that apply to the peasants but not to themselves and are amazed that anyone would think that the laws should apply to them. I think that you guys living in California are probably on the cutting edge of this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Asymetrical battlespace.
    Simply brilliant. I don't know your present job, but your talents are obviously wasted there. You and Andrew could be the copywriters of choice for an entire industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Asymetrical battlespace.
    Oooh, I just got chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Of course, then you'd have to figure out how to convince the purchasers of the critical need to replace their carry ammo every 6 months or so (before it goes stale or something).
    Uh... while I agree that the flowing prose is bullshit by another name (but GOOD bullshit ), replacing one's carry ammo every six months is- like- a real good idea.

Opinions vary, of course; mine is that loading up with fresh carry ammunition on a regular basis- ESPECIALLY if one's weapon is exposed to the elements any significant amount- just makes sense. Then again, I am aware of incidents where not doing so came back to bite a few individuals in the ass; along with those slovenly and/or careless types who get too generous with lube around their ammunition, or re-chamber the same cartridge repeatedly, or don't clean and re-lube a carry piece regularly, etc., etc.

I am reminded of all the hoopla and excitement when Glaser Safety Slugs came out. Heralded as the ultimate stopper, at a dollar per round (when a box of fifty conventional rounds cost less than five bucks), it wasn't long before the truth came out. Against unprotected meat, they make a nasty wound. But ANY type of barrier would shut them down; there were numerous incidents of them blowing up on wallets and other stuff.

Beat Trash has it right; do unto others before they do unto you... and don't miss.

Actually, Glasers penetrated inadequately in tissue and did NOT tend to break up on hard barriers as they were supposed to. There is a test of Magsafe on my channel if you are interested. Basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Uh... while I agree that the flowing prose is bullshit by another name (but GOOD bullshit ), replacing one's carry ammo every six months is- like- a real good idea.

Opinions vary, of course; mine is that loading up with fresh carry ammunition on a regular basis- ESPECIALLY if one's weapon is exposed to the elements any significant amount- just makes sense. Then again, I am aware of incidents where not doing so came back to bite a few individuals in the ass; along with those slovenly and/or careless types who get too generous with lube around their ammunition, or re-chamber the same cartridge repeatedly, or don't clean and re-lube a carry piece regularly, etc., etc.

I am reminded of all the hoopla and excitement when Glaser Safety Slugs came out. Heralded as the ultimate stopper, at a dollar per round (when a box of fifty conventional rounds cost less than five bucks), it wasn't long before the truth came out. Against unprotected meat, they make a nasty wound. But ANY type of barrier would shut them down; there were numerous incidents of them blowing up on wallets and other stuff.

Beat Trash has it right; do unto others before they do unto you... and don't miss.

I agree on replacing carry ammo regularly (admittedly I'm not always quite timely about it--but think it is a good idea).

The point I was making is how do you get the people who would buy this asymmetric battle space ammunition to replace their $5 per bullet miniature neutron bombs every six months in order to keep sales up? I'm figuring that Andrew can come up with a plan for that. (And Andrew, given the mini-neutron bomb idea maybe you can use "atomic decay"?)
    Last edited by Jeep; 10-01-2015 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggin View Post
    Actually, Glasers penetrated inadequately in tissue and did NOT tend to break up on hard barriers as they were supposed to. There is a test of Magsafe on my channel if you are interested. Basically the same thing.
    Dunno anything about MagSafe. I do know about several shootings involving Glasers; and I didn't say they penetrated adequately. I said they made a nasty wound on unprotected meat/flesh. And one definitely blew up on a wallet carried in the inner breast pocket of a sport coat, without penetrating the wallet. I was told of other, similar results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I agree on replacing carry ammo regularly (admittedly I'm not always quite timely about it--but think it is a good idea).

The point I was making is how do you get the people who would buy this asymmetric battle space ammunition to replace their $5 per bullet miniature neutron bombs every six months in order to keep sales up?
    Okay.

Yup--Glasers had superficial shallow, but messy wounds that often failed to physiologically incapacitate and crapped out against intermediate barriers.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List