Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gel test: 9mm & .45 ACP Polycase Inceptor ARX

I wholeheartedly agree. That they make ridiculous claims doesn't bother me near as much as the fact that hordes of the faithful defend this alchemy.

"A 9mm ARX® bullet traveling at 1,500 fps will result in fluid flowing through the ARX® flutes at nearly 3,000 fps, resulting in a wound cavity in soft tissue that has been compared by some to be similar to that of a .223 75 gr BTHP."

This is ABSURD.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Thank you for saying so. We all knew it to be so, but it's nice to be validated. Mind If I quote you for a blog post?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    "A 9mm ARX® bullet traveling at 1,500 fps will result in fluid flowing through the ARX® flutes at nearly 3,000 fps, resulting in a wound cavity in soft tissue that has been compared by some to be similar to that of a .223 75 gr BTHP."

This is ABSURD.
    Yes, and it is also a bit disappointing. You would think that if they were going to write such nonsense they would have gone for the gold and added the word "tactical." For example, the vaunted "flutes" could have become "tactical flutes" and the "wound cavity" could have been a "tactical wound cavity." And instead of comparing it to a 70 grain .223 round they should have considered adding in something about how the real comparison is with a shotgun slug.

Snake oil salesmen had nothing on the guys who write advertising copy on new bullet designs.
    Last edited by Jeep; 09-28-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Pfft. "Tactical is sooo last decade. Today's copy goes more like this: "The dynamic fluid displacement flutes dimensionally shift tissue and fluids through a 90° phase, altering angle of attack to achieve systematically awesomer wounding performance in the battlespace."

Exactly...that type of pseudoscientific babble seems to appeal to those individuals lacking critical thinking skills.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 09-28-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Exactly...that type of pseudoscientific babble seems to appeal to those individuals lacking critical thinking skills.
    Yet makers and promoters of ammunition like this will still find a market... the "Dumbing Down of America" scares me more and more each day.

There is good ammunition out there. The good Doc has a list of rounds that have been tested and vetted. But there is no "magic bullet" that will replace good shot placement and the usage of appropriate tactics. Especially if you apply good shot placement and appropriate tactics before your adversary can apply the same to you.

Maybe I've been a Police Officer for too many years. Instead of quoting psycho babble about dynamic fluid displacement, I just want to blow a big a**ed holes in someone trying to harm me. And act in a manner during the incident so that it makes it harder for the suspect to do the same to me.

Maybe I'm antiquated in my thinking...
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 09-28-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggin View Post
    Pfft. "Tactical is sooo last decade. Today's copy goes more like this: "The dynamic fluid displacement flutes dimensionally shift tissue and fluids through a 90° phase, altering angle of attack to achieve systematically awesomer wounding performance in the battlespace."
    Andrew:

You really have a gift. While I think focus-grouping will show that "tactical" remains a winner among the target audience, "dynamic" is spot-on and "dimensionally shift tissue and fluids through a 90 degree phase, altering angle of attack," is, in a word, brilliant. However, it is the use of the buzzword "battlespace" that truly seals the deal.

Have you ever thought of changing professions? If guys like this used your copy I think they could immediately charge $5 per round (letting potential customers know that if they don't think their life is worth $5 per round, that's ok. Go to the cheaper brands that don't dimensionally shift anything).

Of course, then you'd have to figure out how to convince the purchasers of the critical need to replace their carry ammo every 6 months or so (before it goes stale or something).
    Last edited by Jeep; 09-29-2015 at 03:46 PM.

When you think about it, it's a shame that San Francisco doesn't allow hollow points. It's politicians might otherwise be be obvious candidates to buy lots of this stuff, given their critical thinking ability. Maybe Nancy Pelosi could buy a bunch for her bodyguards.

Interestingly, their bodyguards do carry JHP...

User Tag List