Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Gel test: 9mm & .45 ACP Polycase Inceptor ARX

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Asymetrical battlespace.
    But, was it disruptive?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I realize you just joined up this month, but that fact is not really all that "little-known" around here. If you do a forum search here on "RA45T DocGKR", you will probably find out lots of "little-known" stuff.
    and not just in .45acp either.....

Me and Spencer Keepers had some of his 127gr +P+ fail to expand from a G34 when I was shooting gel down in OK during a demo at the end of his class, needless to say velocity was NOT the issue....
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 05-24-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    and not just in .45acp either.....

Me and Spencer Keepers had some of his 127gr +P+ fail to expand from a G34 when I was shooting gel down in OK during a demo at the end of his class, needless to say velocity was NOT the issue....
    I've had RA9TA expand less than optimally when Tom Givens was up here. Since then I've switched to HST which was functional in all firearms and the barriers it was supposed to work through.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I've had RA9TA expand less than optimally when Tom Givens was up here. Since then I've switched to HST which was functional in all firearms and the barriers it was supposed to work through.
    My go-to ammo has become Gold Dot or HST in service pistol calibers....
    www.agiletactical.com

Winchester duty ammo quality is definitely going down in the last 5-10yrs. These days I stick with HST or latest generation G2s.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post

From Devel's patent in 1992; there is nothing new....

And no, it did not work better than other conventional projectiles.
    You may be comparing apples to oranges. The Devel patent was a solid metal bullet,if I recall, it weighed more and was harder to slow down in body tissue. The Polycase ARX, sold by Ruger et al, is copper-polymer composite, designed to penetrate denim and bone and muscle and to slow down sufficient to not exit. The Devel bullet was designed with fins for the purpose of cutting tissue. I believe the real issue was unreliable feeding.
    Vern

Ol' Nebraskan.

The Devel patent was 25 years ago. Edison had failed at many light bulb designs before he found one that worked. Now, his invention, is quickly being replaced by LED lighting, more efficient, longer life, less energy used. Not saying lead bullets are bad, but saying there should always be searching for ways to improve things. Guns & Ammo even gave PolyCase an award of Ammunition of the Year 2015. http://www.polycaseammo.com/5218/
    Vern

Ol' Nebraskan.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aksarben View Post
    The Devel patent was 25 years ago. Edison had failed at many light bulb designs before he found one that worked. Now, his invention, is quickly being replaced by LED lighting, more efficient, longer life, less energy used. Not saying lead bullets are bad, but saying there should always be searching for ways to improve things. Guns & Ammo even gave PolyCase an award of Ammunition of the Year 2015. http://www.polycaseammo.com/5218/
    Oh gosh, Guns & Ammo liked it? Well, holy shit, then it's got to be good. Load them up in your Taurus Curve (which they also glowingly reviewed) and go get'em Vern.

You didn't come here to learn, you came to preach. You're preaching bullshit. Perhaps you really believe your bullshit, but it's bullshit none the less. The good news is you'll probably never be called upon to prove your bullshit when your life is on the line. You have the luxury of carrying your shark repellent in your pocket through the woods and assuming it works because no shark attacked you. The only reason people like DocGKR bother to respond to you is so that someone else who doesn't know what they don't know don't stumble upon your bullshit unchallenged and believe it.

Bullshit information can get people hurt. G&A at least gets paid to broadcast bullshit into the public realm.

User Tag List