Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ameriglo Night Sight Preferences

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Re; trijicon HDs...without getting a review (ill be doing one soon) the HDs are tough as nails and can take a lot of abuse. The Ameriglos....not so much. Ive broken several sets of ameriglo sights. While ameriglo is awesome at replacing them, they do break.
    Could you be specific as to what broke? Front sight post? lamps came loose?

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    Could you be specific as to what broke? Front sight post? lamps came loose?
    Rear sights came loose after hard use and didnt stay in place. Had to use loctite.

Front sights, I had two stems break, one orange ring crack.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Trying to keep all my sight pictures relatively the same, I run a 10-8 .156 rear with a Trijicon HD yellow up front on my G26.
    On my G19, I just installed the Ameriglo "Protectors" .

This way, short of the U rear on the 10-8, and the square on the Protector, the sight picture is the same. Accuracy has been good, and my hits to 25 are just cut the target in half.
    I just see the lime better than the orange.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Can any of you guys tell me if one of the Ameriglo Glock TCAP or Proglo front sight heights will work with a Heinie tritium dot rear with the .156" rear notch?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Can any of you guys tell me if one of the Ameriglo Glock TCAP or Proglo front sight heights will work with a Heinie tritium dot rear with the .156" rear notch?
    Depends. Heinie front sights are typically .215" or taller depending on if that zeroes the gun for you. The TCAP is .165", there is a .220" ProGlo, that may or may not work depending on your gun/load. This is all in reference to Glock's.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Depends. Heinie front sights are typically .215" or taller depending on if that zeroes the gun for you. The TCAP is .165", there is a .220" ProGlo, that may or may not work depending on your gun/load. This is all in reference to Glock's.
    Thanks for the tip. Yes I saw that size front.

I am currently using a Gen 4 19 and a Gen 3 17. Carry ammo is either 124 +P or 147 grain Speer Gold Dot. Was considering using the Heinie Straight 8 Rear with with a bright Amergilo front. I couldn't find a HD front in that size either.

Perhaps GJM will weigh in. I know he was experimenting with Heinie rears and HD fronts.

On the Ameriglo website it says that CAP sights are designed to hit with a drive the dot sight picture. Does anyone know if there is a rear sight that can be paired with the TCAP front for a more conventional tip of front sight POA/POI? Preference would be all black rear if possible, and in the .150 to .160 something notch width. For a G19.

I would even prefer a slight 6:00 hold to drive the dot.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 09-30-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    On the Ameriglo website it says that CAP sights are designed to hit with a drive the dot sight picture. Does anyone know if there is a rear sight that can be paired with the TCAP front for a more conventional tip of front sight POA/POI? Preference would be all black rear if possible, and in the .150 to .160 something notch width. For a G19.

I would even prefer a slight 6:00 hold to drive the dot.
    The cap sight is so wide that a point of ledgr sighting method may be contrary to its design. If you want a more ledge poa then id suggest getting thinner sights.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The cap sight is so wide that a point of ledgr sighting method may be contrary to its design. If you want a more ledge poa then id suggest getting thinner sights.
    I agree with voodoo man - that being said - an ameriglo .272 rear sight height will give you top tip of the front sight poa/poi with a .165 front. At least it did for me on my g17 and g19. I used GST-165 & GL-406PRA for my black sights which I love. Front sight is super thin for accuracy. I'm probably transitioning at least one of my Glocks thought to full night sight 3 dots just so I have the capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Yes I saw that size front.

I am currently using a Gen 4 19 and a Gen 3 17. Carry ammo is either 124 +P or 147 grain Speer Gold Dot. Was considering using the Heinie Straight 8 Rear with with a bright Amergilo front. I couldn't find a HD front in that size either.

Perhaps GJM will weigh in. I know he was experimenting with Heinie rears and HD fronts.
    I had to go with a .245" front to get POA/POI at 25 yards with two GEN4 G17s and a GEN4 G22. My guns all shot ~4" high at 25 yards with the .215".

I saw that Optics Planet has .245" height HD front sights. I can't help with the question of width, though.
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List