Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Feeling lazy with today's salt cod. Just going to simmer it then use the broth to make rice with some herbs, onion, and sliced garlic. For a sauce, going to just chop some boiled eggs in melted butter. Serve with braised cabbage and some jarred beet horseradish.

Broiled a couple whole flounder with a butter/crushed garlic/Worcestershire sauce/lemon baste every minute or so. Finished with more lemon juice and served with fresh rice and a bell pepper and green pea sauté.

Also hard boiled four dozen eggs to pickle in a gallon jar with two quarts of brine. Have a long weekend coming up and will be turning a 42 ounce package of kielbasa into utopenci with the kids. Wife will be turning out a batch of no-knead bread while we work on that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Broiled a couple whole flounder with a butter/crushed garlic/Worcestershire sauce/lemon baste every minute or so. Finished with more lemon juice and served with fresh rice and a bell pepper and green pea sauté.

Also hard boiled four dozen eggs to pickle in a gallon jar with two quarts of brine. Have a long weekend coming up and will be turning a 42 ounce package of kielbasa into utopenci with the kids. Wife will be turning out a batch of no-knead bread while we work on that.
    Had to look up utopenci... Pickled eggs and sausages (usually more like hot dogs) were bar staples when I lived in Upstate NY.... Never got hooked on them. Too much red dye #3, IIRC. LOL. We're more pickled veggies these days. Doctors orders. Asparagus, green beans (dilly beans!), okra occasionally.

Few things better than fresh bread.... Mmm.

Last weekend, I brought home a pizza dough from a local joint. Wife rolled it out, cut it into strips and rolled the strips with her homemade marinara and turkey pepperoni and turkey sausage crumbles. Put the rolls sideways into muffin tins and they looked like a Rose bloom once they cooked.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The better half should stop leaving me unattended. I just packed my own work lunch of an open-face sandwich. Butt end slice of seeded rye smeared with deli mustard, topped with a layer of Riga Gold smoked sprats, one slice of turkey, and a slice of pepperjack cheese. On the side, some dill pickle spears cut from a whole pickle, few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, one apple, and an orange.

Site Supporter
    Leftover giant slice of sausage pizza from our favorite place.
    Not quite enough by itself for lunch, so, added some caramelized onions and mushrooms and some cherry tomato slices.
    Ran out of Wife's marinara, so, had to suffer without extra sauce. 1st world problem.
    Side of homemade Kimchi, for gut health. Sprinkled with some everything bagel seasoning...

Was so laden with goodies I had to eat it with knife and fork. Please don't tell anyone.

Name:  Pizza.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  58.6 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Made a potroast yesterday with Alton's...reloaded recipe. only changes were the addition of Thai fish sauce, worchestershire, and soy. To boost meatiest. So much yum. Cooked extra potatoes, mushrooms, carrots and onions. I have palns....

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Made a potroast yesterday with Alton's...reloaded recipe. only changes were the addition of Thai fish sauce, worchestershire, and soy. To boost meatiest. So much yum. Cooked extra potatoes, mushrooms, carrots and onions. I have palns....

pat
    Yum!
    Food pr0n fail though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Yum!
    Food pr0n fail though.
    You know my position on photoing food. Too much time in cooking school. BUT, I took the veg (onions, potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms; the carrots and potatoes were multicolored...) and pushed them through a grinder. Hand shredded the pot roast. Combine. Put into a large muffin tin, with frozen pie crust on the bottom, frozen puff pastry (docked) on the top (both thawed). Cook in the oven, 350 for 40. Put on a plate. Top with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a cherry tomato. Looked like a mini pie with a sundae w/whipped cream, chocolate, and a cherry on top.

Best use of leftover pot roast, ever!

pat

Site Supporter
    ^^^^^

I am almost, almost ashamed to say (not really) that I had two (2!) Of these before bed yesterday...

Yum...

pat

Stew

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List