Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Lets talk about the Yoder😁😎
    Wasn`t that the little green dude that taught about the Force?

[Ducks and runs]

pat

Love cheesecake but never tried to make it. Another dessert worth looking at is Hummingbird cake. Not sure about now but at one time it was Southern Livings most downloaded recipe.

Souther
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Somebody tell me, can this be for real?

I gotta make this.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Some fresh raspberries or blueberries on the top would be nice.
    WifeGBiv does not like cheesecake so, feel free to invite me if you decide to make this.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Does anyone know what this is? I assumed chard or red kale until I saw how small the leaves are...

Last edited by 0ddl0t; 10-10-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Somebody tell me, can this be for real?

I gotta make this.
    ]
    Stevia as the sweetener doesn’t work for me. I don’t like the taste. Other than that the recipe seems ok.

Site Supporter
    After you get over the thick accent this dude has some interesting recipes from old Roman cookbooks.

I’m looking foward to trying this one once I have some deer in the freezer this year.

im strong, i can run faster than train

Hosting a medium sized backyard projector party, tonight. Will be screening Bride of Frankenstein, a short made by a friend, Pulgasari (with brief introduction of the film's background before the screening), and finishing the festivities with Bubba Ho-Tep. That'll cover the golden age of Universal, kaiju, and schlock for the proper drive-in style experience.

Will spark two campfires for guests to keep warm as a single fire pit has proved inadequate for similar events. A half-dozen or so buckets of water spaced around just in case despite last nights pouring rain.

Drink:
    - Hot mulled cider (honey, whole allspice, cardamom pods, cloves, a whole star anise, ceylon cinnamon stick, half an orange with the rind on)
    - Spiced rum for spiking
    - Fireball whiskey in hopes someone rids my bar of the vile stuff
    - Wife just came home with a freshly filled growler of local brown ale
    - Hot cocoa (storebought as whoever used the last of my homade malted stuff didn't tell me to make more and I'm out of milk powder)
    - Irish breakfast tea done in a samovar style (oversteeped with leaves left in the pot and a kettle of hot water on the side for dution to taste as it's a handy and traditional way to do crowd service)
    -May make coffee if some curmudgeon shows up

Food:
    - Beef stew (anchovies, hand cut chuck browned in a skillet, green za'atar, tinned seasoned diced tomatoes, celery, potatoes, yellow onion, cartots, button mushroom caps and stems cut separately to bulk them up, brown gravy powder, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, splash of beer, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, and bit of water all done up im the trusty old pressure cooker.)
    - Buttermilk biscuits from a cardboard tube as the service won't mesh well with dumplings directly on the stew
    - Tortilla chips with sour cream and storebought salsa brightened up with home pickled jalapeño

Sweets, which wife made from scratch:
    - Sweet potato pie
    - Cranberry curd pie
    - Apple pie
    - Original plans for homemade brandied whipped cream cancelled to use a full aerosol can leftover from a different event

Lighting:
    - Kerosene-fulled hurricane lanterns. Some with clear globes and a couple with red.
    - If the breeze is gentle as forecast, a few decorative tealight candle holders. With proper candles, none of this battery-powered hogwash.
    - The lighting isn't just because I'm an antediluvian grouch but also to prevent electric lighting from washing out the screen. My projector is cheap and can only put out so much light.

Vice:
    - Have several unused, factory second corncob pipes complete with filters, purchased in a bulk lot for the event. Will set them out on a side table with drugstore blend tobacco (probably be Carter Hall, bit of bulk cherry cavendish, and some bulk black cavendish if someone wants to engage in a bit of blending) plus the usual matches, tampers, cleaners, and ashtray.

Guns:
    - Will go leather OWB with a pancake rig for comfort while hosting a longform outdoor event with fires to stoke, projector to run, food to serve, etc. Will be wearing an insulated cover garment, anyway.
    - Given above, will go for my 4" pencil barreled square butt model 10 with standard pressure Underwood 158 grain LSWCHP. And my LCR in a pocket as usual. Stream pattern Fox 5.3 in another pocket.
    - One guest is threatening to roll up with a birdshead gripped Uberti in 44 Special as something of a barbeque rig. I'll be disappointed if he opts for a more pedestrian revolver.

Site Supporter
    @SCCY Marshall What time should we be there?

Enjoy your evening!

Hard to find a good Sweet Potato pie around here. My favorite.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hard to find a good Sweet Potato pie around here. My favorite.
    In the realm of root and squash pies, butternut is my favorite. Silky smooth texture and a wonderful flavor. But the crop isn't properly mature until a couple or so aggressive frost cycles set the sweetness of the flesh and deepen its flavor. Sweet potato is great in the meantime.

I also decided to futz with the sour cream. Grated in a fair bit of pepperjack cheese and crumbled up a nice chunk of a new cotija round. The cheeses are mixed into the sour cream and in the fridge to meld until service. Resisting the urge to dash in cumin and garlic. I'd do it for me but one guest is already going to crow about defiling the sour cream as it is.

Now for a constitutional before setting about the outdoor prepwork. Burn off the muffin tin quiches the wife made for lunch to use up the leftover pie dough.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    In the realm of root and squash pies, butternut is my favorite.
    I love butternut squash roasted, sautéed or stewed, but have never had butternut pie. I should remedy that.

I was introduced to ButterMILK pie recently. Quite good but a bit sweet for my tooth.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I was introduced to ButterMILK pie recently. Quite good but a bit sweet for my tooth.
    Similar to a big favorite, chess pie. Chess is even sweeter tho.

Brownies in Tulsa serves up a good ‘un.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List