Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Super fun video on kitchen knives. https://youtu.be/lsNX2L88eys
    Almost like Forged in Fire but with culinary references.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 11-08-2017 at 01:28 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Amazon deal of the day on the Anova sous vide cookers: 800W/Bluetooth for $94.95, 900W/Wifi+Bluetooth for $111.95. I'm still holding out for a good deal on the Joule (smaller and more powerful), but those prices are great.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    I'm still holding out for a good deal on the Joule (smaller and more powerful), but those prices are great.
    I wanted that one for the longest time but honestly the Anova is just fine. I'd take a second 900W Anova before getting a Joule, just not enough extra features with it to justify it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I’ve had both and Joules higher power/capacity is definitely a benefit for higher temp cooks that vegetables call for, like potatoes, I couldn't get either of my Anova hot enough for Chef Steps Pomme Purée recipe @ 194°/90°. Faster temp rebound after dropping in food especially larger items is nice too.

Anova was good enough for protein temps.
    Last edited by t1tan; 11-20-2017 at 02:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    Portobello mushroom burger... grilled. Garlic, oil, balsalmic vinegar, fresh basil, Swiss, red onions, sweet-spicy marinated red peppers, Texas caviar, home-made guac, Sriracha.

Name:  Port Burger.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  45.3 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    I see I'm way late to this sous vide thing. I wouldn't have even bothered googling what it meant, and then I happened to see one on a holiday gift guide. I can barely fry an egg, and the steak I cooked tonight came out like this:

Name:  FB_IMG_1514947483072.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  81.9 KB

The thing is idiot-proof: season the meat, put it in a Ziploc bag with some olive oil, and drop it in the cooker. Sear it when it comes out and voila.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Some northern chinese comfort food to go with this winter weather. Lamb legs were like $17 a pound so I used ox tail instead.

Braised beef-glass noodle-flat bread stew with more homemade flatbread stuffed with diced fatty pork belly and pickled garlic.

http://instagram.com/p/Be1o4DEhUEX/

After reading about Butter Chicken Lady's approach to cooking in Dallas Morning News, I picked up her book. We made the butter chicken recipe tonight, which I can only describe as "amazeballs," and I don't even like Indian food.

If you're looking for yummy and dirt-simple, it's worth the $8 investment.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

For the instant pot users - some pots are melting down with use

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/one-...d-melting.html

For those folks that are doing the low carb thing, these two cookbooks are awesome. We make something from the Instant Pot one about four times a week, and the other has been great for snacks.

Keto Instant Pot

Name:  keto_instant.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  67.1 KB

Keto Made Easy

Name:  keto_made_easy.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  61.9 KB

User Tag List