Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Discovered a cool site today: cooked.wiki.

Most recipes you find online aren't so much recipes as a blog post of someone's entire life history sprinkled with a vaguely-related list of ingredients at the end. Cooked.wiki strips all that stuff out and gives you a nice, formatted recipe.

How it works: append the URL of the blog post recipe to the end of cooked.wiki and voila.

Example: visiting https://www.themerchantbaker.com/bro...-glazed-bacon/ gets you one of those life stories. Copy-paste that whole URL onto the end of cooked.wiki, like: cooked.wiki/https://www.themerchantbaker.com/brown-sugar-maple-glazed-bacon/.

It's a little hit-and-miss sometimes, but it usually does a pretty good job.
    Wife will love this. Thanks!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Salmon on sale for $6.99 this week...

Gravlax time.... First time making it exclusively with dried Dill... Came out great... easier to find and manage than fresh Dill.

Name:  Gravlax.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  99.0 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Salmon on sale for $6.99 this week...

Gravlax time.... First time making it exclusively with dried Dill... Came out great... easier to find and manage than fresh Dill.
    That looks incredible! Thank you for the link. I've never heard of that method before and look forward to trying it out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    That looks incredible! Thank you for the link. I've never heard of that method before and look forward to trying it out.
    I tweak the recipe just a bit.
    instead of 50/50 salt/sugar I add an extra 1 oz of sugar and a half oz of granulated garlic (or powdered garlic). Less salty this way.

Definitely capers and thin sliced red onions when serving.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I tweak the recipe just a bit.
    instead of 50/50 salt/sugar I add an extra 1 oz of sugar and a half oz of granulated garlic (or powdered garlic). Less salty this way.

Definitely capers and thin sliced red onions when serving.
    OK, Damn that sounds good!

Dumb question time.

I live in East TN and fresh seafood is prohibitively expensive (fixed retirement income ya-da, ya-da). And the 100 mile rule is firm in my mind, especially regarding seafood. But I've learned to compromise myself at times...

I know the link calls for fresh but have you, or anyone, tried this with frozen?

TIA

User Tag List