Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Name:  Tuna.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  64.7 KB

Name:  Tuna steaks on grill.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  41.6 KB

Yellow tail tuna caught off the coast of Okinawa at noon, on the grill by 1700....

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

Yellow tail tuna caught off the coast of Okinawa at noon, on the grill by 1700....
    As someone who worked on a commercial fishing boat, THAT is how you eat fish.

Buying day(s) old fish in a store? Nuh-uh.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    Probably will never have the chance to try a real Cuban sandwich. South Florida has no attraction for me at the moment. So I have been playing with the concept. My wife and daughter's favorite hot sandwiches are Cubans. Mojo pork, ham, swiss, dill pickles, yellow mustard. Today I stuffed them into a burrito grande sized tortilla, brushed it with butter, and tossed it into the SandoSqueeze 2000. Cuban wrap. Yum.

My next project in a week or two is to introduce the daughter to a Ruben sandwich. And I will make enough ingredients to give Ruben Egg Rolls a try.

pat

Name:  IMG_0292.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  58.2 KB

No beans/tomato/onions/kale/soy...

Just beef, bacon, garlic, NM chiles, dark beer. Cooked in cast iron (because I'm not a communist)
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I would have preferred to smoke them for a couple of hours then sear on the grill, but it was too late in the day for that.

Grilling was very adequate.

I don't know anyone that has a sous vide setup so I've never had the pleasure.
    Sous vide saves my life in Alaska during the winter. Too cold to get a good cook in the smoker or grill despite my efforts, so I sous vide pork chops, steaks and chicken breast then sear them off in a cast iron pan with garlic butter. It makes an amazingly tender steak. I've made do with zip lock bags to hold the food, but a vacuum sealed bag works better.

It is also the way I cook home made corned beef. 24 hours in a 170F bath.

I did manage to cook a pork tenderloin roast in the smoker last night with good results. Cranked the pellet smoker to 350F with an outside temp of 32F. I need to get a blanket for it and try some colder temps.

Sous vide boneless pork chops. Two hours at 150F, seared in the cast iron. Removed and set aside. In goes some more butter and butternut squash and onions. Cook until almost done. Add apples, a bit of cinnamon, a dash of brown sugar and one cup of real apple juice. Put pork chops in the middle. Cook until apples are soft. Horrible photo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

What's the difference between a piano and a fish?

You can tune a piano.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Todays breakfast pan cooked
    Name:  72BDD332-EF0F-4EAD-8F35-71FB1E8F0C64.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  42.3 KB
    Name:  9AE23496-B312-4C36-8D73-FD727E98CC73.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  37.5 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Finally had a chance to do something other than chicken for lunches. Wound up doing a pork butt and made faux burnt ends, which I'd just call candied pork butt chunks.

Strarted with the intent to cube the butt, but wound up chunking it. Tossed in an off the shelf rub because time, bourbon something or other. It was sweet and peppery. Smoked the chunks at 215°F for about two hours (reached 170°F). Removed and tossed into a Heinz thick and smoky barbecue sauce that I juiced up with brown sugar for some glaze. Hit them again on the smoker until the crust was decent. The result was unreal, it made me question what in the hell everyone else does to their pork to screw it up.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Finally had a chance to do something other than chicken for lunches. Wound up doing a pork butt and made faux burnt ends, which I'd just call candied pork butt chunks.

Strarted with the intent to cube the butt, but wound up chunking it. Tossed in an off the shelf rub because time, bourbon something or other. It was sweet and peppery. Smoked the chunks at 215°F for about two hours (reached 170°F). Removed and tossed into a Heinz thick and smoky barbecue sauce that I juiced up with brown sugar for some glaze. Hit them again on the smoker until the crust was decent. The result was unreal, it made me question what in the hell everyone else does to their pork to screw it up.
    What size chunks?

If small-ish, how did you keep them spread out enough without falling through the smoker grates?

I'd like to try this.

Thanks.!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List