Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Do You Even Cook, Bro?

Site Supporter
    Third year I have done this. No disappointment so far. In fact rather impressed. Very hands off, and superior results. Sorry it is not in time for your St. Patty's Day dinner this year.

Some of us sous-vide users are saving up for a bidet, for unrelated reasons. I think the bidet users should save up for a sous-vide, for unrelated reasons. The corned beef brisket is tender, moist, and foolproof, thusfar.

Also...leftover corned beef and cabbage, with good mustard, makes an OUTSTANDING egg roll. When fried in egg roll skins. Bonus if you make some Russian Dressing and mix it with sauerkraut, rather than cabbage, and add a bit of Swiss cheese for a Rueben Egg Roll.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 03-16-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Third year I have done this. No disappointment so far. In fact rather impressed. Very hands off, and superior results. Sorry it is not in time for your St. Patty's Day dinner this year.

Some of us sous-vide users are saving up for a bidet, for unrelated reasons. I think the bidet users should save up for a sous-vide, for unrelated reasons. The corned beef brisket is tender, moist, and foolproof, thusfar.

pat
    Toto Washlet, FTW!
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Illinexit in T-Minus 50 RevolverRob's Avatar
    We got some smoked wild boar Andouille sausage from Crowd Cow this month. Andouille sausage means a jambalaya or gumbo has to occur. In this case we had everything to make jambalaya on hand. 1.5 cups of white rice, some left over onions, bellpepper, and a seared jalapeņo (a nice hot one) we had from fajitas a couple of nights back, some diced tomatoes, some vaked beans with brown sugar, three Andouille sausage links sliced, a shot of black pepper, about 3/4 tablespoon of minced garlic. Throw it all in the Staub pot and let it simmer for 45 minutes. I added a bit more water because it was reducing down too fast.

Serve with cheddar biscuits with a garlic, rosemary, thyme, and butter sauce drizzled over them.

Name:  52707F65-E523-4573-A768-9CAB2C34441D.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  62C9FD93-CDF7-4226-9058-FAAA19F2DF90.jpg
Size:  75.8 KB

Name:  ACB1D24D-7CB0-49F6-A978-4526847E8253.jpg
Size:  55.7 KB
    Seriously guys, are we not doing 'phrasing' anymore?

User Tag List