Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apparently the Canadian military wants a new handgun

I'm thinking P99 as well.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Does the P99 have a chrome bore and chamber?
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 09-12-2011 at 11:56 AM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    Does the P99 have a chrome bore and chamber?

It does not, but for such a small order (10,000 military service pistols) perhaps the barrel could be manufactured in Europe to these specifications by Walther GMBH or Radom? Who knows.
    Good catch!

From what I can find nosing around the net, it looks like the Polish military Walther/Radom P99 Rad (In service wih a NATO country for more than two years!) may well have a chrome-lined bore.

It also appears that the pistol has been available commercially in Canuckistan.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Good catch!

From what I can find nosing around the net, it looks like the Polish military Walther/Radom P99 Rad (In service wih a NATO country for more than two years!) may well have a chrome-lined bore.

It also appears that the pistol has been available commercially in Canuckistan.
    Sorry, that was my bad.

I meant to "reply with quote" on Misanthropist's post, instead I clicked "edit post". Sorry guys.

I actually wrote

It does not, but for such a small order (10,000 military service pistols) perhaps the barrel could be manufactured in Europe to these specifications by Walther GMBH or Radom? Who knows.
    but I agree.

Hilariously, the XD meets all those requirements. Croatia is a NATO country and the XD is their standard service sidearm. That being said, I would eat all of my hats if Canada picked the XD.

Although on the flip side, they bought Px4 Storms for their border patrol, so their is a national history of picking guns that no one else uses.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Hilariously, the XD meets all those requirements. Croatia is a NATO country and the XD is their standard service sidearm. That being said, I would eat all of my hats if Canada picked the XD.
    Mother of god. ^^^

They also want a mandatory less than 7.87" group at 50m, fired from a mechanical rest, 5.9" is desirable.

Also, NATO-STD 1913 rail... Kills Glock again.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Hilariously, the XD meets all those requirements. Croatia is a NATO country and the XD is their standard service sidearm.
    What about the 500 mean rounds between stoppages req?

In all seriousness, though, doesn't the XD require a trigger pull to field strip?

You know, I don't know if the standard XD models need a trigger pull to field strip, I only have experience with the "M" models which do not.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Hilariously, the XD meets all those requirements.
    Chrome bore and chamber?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

You know, I don't know if the standard XD models need a trigger pull to field strip, I only have experience with the "M" models which do not.
    The primary thing that's always made me think the standard XD does is because a friend of mine managed to put a .40 caliber hole in his kitchen tile by not chamber checking his XD prior to a field strip.

Then again, my buddy could just be dumb(er than expected). Wouldn't be the first time.
    Last edited by jslaker; 09-12-2011 at 04:41 PM.

User Tag List