Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 125: 400

Shot this today with my BHP Practical. PerFecta 9mm ball ammo from WalMart.
    My son timed the second stage with his phone. Only timer available.
    Slow stage shot two handed. Score 162 2X. Had to hold low and right since the gun was shooting high.
    Fixed sights so no easy adjustment possible.

Rapid stage suffered from lots of low hits. The PerFecta had seemed to be working best
    in the BHP at 50 feet. The low hits in rapid at 25 were
    something of a surprise. My son suggested it was operator error and I admit to some of that. I think the
    ammo could be a bit of a problem. I may be looking for another
    brand to try. (Had trouble finding a good load when I reloaded 9mm as well. They would all go
    bang but not group well. I used both lead and jacketed bullets with almost identical results.)

Used 15 second par time. Even trying to slow down on the later strings, I finished most at
    10 seconds. Had shot a couple Colt 1911s before going to the BHP. In contrast the BHP trigger was
    unfortunate. It has seemed usable, at least, before.

Rapid score 71 0xs. Total score 233 2x.

Untimed
    17 (ugh)
    44 =144 (sickening)

Timed (10 second Par, drawn from concealment AIWB):
    38: 7.89sec
    48: 7.67sec - 2x
    43: 5.75sec
    43: 5.70sec - 1X = 172

total score: 316

Pistol used: Beretta Centurion clone - 9mm

Anything you noticed: I shot better with a Par time! I forgot to count x's on the first run, and forgot photos. The first target was disastrous. I recall seeing the sight dip as I pressed the trigger, and forced myself to calm down on subsequent runs.

Here's a pic of the 48:
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 09-07-2015 at 06:51 PM.

Gen 3 G17 with KKM barrel and RMR01

Slow fire I shot 196 7x
    First 10

Second 10

I chose the 10 second par and had trouble with my timing. I shot all but one string under 8seconds

181 3x

First 10

Second 10

Total score 377/400

Finally got around to shooting this one today. Before I even went to the range, I figured a 10 second par time would be about right. Turns out I was right (and wrong).

Untimed: 129-1X
    Timed: 74-0X
    Total: 203-1X

I'm not proud of the untimed score, but comparatively, the timed score is a straight-up disaster.

My timed strings ranged from 6.3 to 8.3 seconds, which is to say I was shooting too fast. In fact, the first string of the timed runs was *all* misses. After that first awful run, I told myself to slow down and really pay attention to the sights, and I at least managed to do better, although the 6.3 second string was actually the third one.

Clearly I need to get some more time in at 25 yards, as I'm much weaker there than I had previously thought.

Edit: oops, forgot to include equipment details:

Walther P99c AS 9mm, 124 grain Montana Gold JHP reloads over N320.
    Last edited by olstyn; 09-14-2015 at 08:34 PM.

User Tag List