Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is still carrying a G-lock

Who is still carrying a G-lock

so I have noticed the forum starting to shift towards the px4 and p200. I am curious who is still carrying a glock and why? I am sticking with my g19 because I am constantly gaining skill with it (which is fun) and I can carry it summer, spring, fall, and winter. With the gadget coming in the mail to me soon, I think it makes one of the best carry options out there. Feel free to share thoughts, whether you still carry the gun or you decided to ditch it. GO!

Because money.

I'd have to go open one of the safes and count them. I honestly can't think off the top of my head how many Glocks I have. I have a bunch of money tied up in holsters, mags, sights, etc. And my training has been with Glocks, and have a stupid amount of repetitions and dry practice with them. I use a SIRT every day after work, as soon as I feed the dog.

Chasing the "Gun of the Month" just does not make sense for me. I need to keep up the practice with what I own, and focus on continuous improvement.

Therefore - money.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I've still got one because the department makes me, but I only carried it when they made me.

I'll be sticking with my Sig P-series for the foreseeable future.

Site Supporter
    I carry a G35 every day. Like Serious I have holsters, magazines and lots of time with the gun, so I see no need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    so I have noticed the forum starting to shift towards the px4 and p200.
    No, there's none. 10 people who carried P series HKs are continuing that way, px4 is not going anywhere far even if Ernest likes it, 5 billion people keep carrying Glocks, and what GJM is shooting goes with a circadian rhythm.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I am. Several years and many thousand's of rounds later, they still work for me. Between guns, mags, holsters, spare parts, sight pusher, armorers training, i've got way to much time and money invested to switch to something else.I shoot them well and am confident in them.

Site Supporter
    Here. I'm far down the rabbit hole like others. No way for me to go back.

I've been carrying some version of a Glock 19 every day since 2006. There are lots of good guns out there, but oftentimes "perfect is the enemy of good enough" and the Glock 19 is absolutely good enough for me across the board.

Site Supporter
    I haven't changed in a couple of years, it's a G17 or G34.

G17. No one else makes a flat dark earth gun that can shoot a group better than I can so no need to switch. Plus Gadget for range time.

If the Emmandpeee is by chance a viable option soon it will be tough for me. I have full support gear and would get a few in a heartbeat because I feel I just shoot them that much better. Numbers don't lie either.

But really even when I was a devout emmandpeee guy I always maintained that people who think about this realistically should start with a G17/19 and then present an argument for anything other than that. Not many people have a valid reason not to if we remove emotion from the game.

User Tag List