Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Officers Being Choked By One Suspect in the UK

Two Officers Being Choked By One Suspect in the UK

Reason #1,245 why disarming the police is dumb....

Discuss.

Mods, feel free to move this to the LEO section. I just wasn't sure if I was allowed to post there.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Like Kurt Russell's character in Deep Blue said, words to the effect: "The sleeper worked. They take away the tactics that did work and then prosecute us for trying to use the tactics that don't work."

D-cell maglites or big hickory and swing for center field when someone wants to fight. If I were emperor.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

That second officer, the smaller one, totally useless, was that a female? I couldn't tell.

Having fought more than my share of high persons with seemingly superhuman strength, I can say without hesitation that hitting this person, attempting to gain pain compliance, is a fools errand. Sometimes you have to choke a guy out, sucks to hear, but sometimes its either that or you put bullets in him.

In this case, those officer's were incapable of doing either, so the fact they both survived is amazing.

Ohh, and thanks bystanders for filming and watching while the people who would do anything to protect you get attacked. You are totally worth your weight in piss.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It looks like one may be a female.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    That second officer, the smaller one, totally useless, was that a female? I couldn't tell.

Having fought more than my share of high persons with seemingly superhuman strength, I can say without hesitation that hitting this person, attempting to gain pain compliance, is a fools errand. Sometimes you have to choke a guy out, sucks to hear, but sometimes its either that or you put bullets in him.

In this case, those officer's were incapable of doing either, so the fact they both survived is amazing.

Ohh, and thanks bystanders for filming and watching while the people who would do anything to protect you get attacked. You are totally worth your weight in piss.
    Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    It looks like one may be a female.
    I agree with this sentiment and yes, the second officer is a female.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

It's a miracle we still have police willing to serve. If I was a cop in some of these other cities.. I'd quit or move. So to all you guys who are cops, thanks for not giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

D-cell maglites or big hickory and swing for center field when someone wants to fight. If I were emperor.
    I remember those days.....

And straight stick chokes and vascular restraints. Both work better with wood.

The way he's dominating that situation, I'm not real sure a firearm would have been much of a benefit to them. He's resisting as much as he's assaulting and when he gets control of them enough to escape, that's exactly what he does. They're lucky his motives were just about non-compliance.

Regarding bystander attitudes, we're already there in many parts of the country.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 08-12-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

This was the UK right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    The way he's dominating that situation, I'm not real sure a firearm would have been much of a benefit to them. He's resisting as much as he's assaulting and when he gets control of them enough to escape, that's exactly what he does. They're lucky his motives were just about non-compliance.

Regarding bystander attitudes, we're already there in many parts of the country.
    He had the opportunity to escape several times, he stayed and fought.

Placing a hand around someone's throat and squeezing is, in my opinion, deadly in nature.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List