Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    I'm still waiting for the black helicopters to come confiscate all my stuff and send me to FEMA re-education camps since 2008 and all I got was this t-shirt.
    So you think it won't happen, eh? Tell that to the guys who promulgated this… and check the date.

http://www.glockforum.com/Glock-owne...ock-Forum.html

Last edited by LSP972; 08-12-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by billroberts View Post
    ... the thought that everyone would turn them in if it suddenly became inconvenient to have 2A rights disturbs me.
    The thought of becoming a resident at the Graybar Hotel disturbs me more. And if you think that most cops will look the other way, guess again. Katrina showed us otherwise; that was a real eye-opener for some of us.

GardoneVT makes a couple of very good points, too.

Still, I get where you're coming from. I don't intend to turn anything in; but I'm not going to bury the stuff in my back yard or hide it in the attic, either. I'm just going to comply with the law; as in, not have any banned items in my possession.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Right now, you can get five stripped lowers for $200. Think about that.
    I have, but I don't like the feeling of being manipulated to buy a ton of stuff I don't really need.

It's my belief that rather than join the stampeding herd while worrying about what they have, gun owners should spend some of that cash on politics, especially at the local and state level.

BUY POLITICIANS, NOT AMMO!
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I have, but I don't like the feeling of being manipulated to buy a ton of stuff I don't really need.

It's my belief that rather than join the stampeding herd while worrying about what they have, gun owners should spend some of that cash on politics, especially at the local and state level.

I completely hear you one this one. The panic buying sucks. Everything from pricing for factory ammo to my reloading supplies goes through the roof, and while I really don't want to participate in it and make things worse. It does become hard not to want to hoard loading supplies and a few mags. The market still hasn't seemed to be able to recover and on a regular basis I am still unable find my favorite powders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post

Wait, you're accusing me of manipulation? I'll stop right away if you simply buy me two lowers for the LOW LOW PRICE of $99! Anyway, take the advice or don't or just complain about it

Anyway, with regards to the political thing, I've been working on my father in law's campaign a bit. He's a Hispanic, retired Marine Colonel, pro gun, Republican who is running for Barbara Boxer's old seat in California. What political races have you been working on? If you haven't, his is a good cause: http://www.rockychavezforsenate.com/#!meet-rocky/cjg9
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-12-2015 at 09:21 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Honestly, I think this sort of rhetoric is counter-productive.

Referring to LL's viewpoint as such is misrepresentative and disingenious.

There is, however, a very real and very quantifiable advantage to buying products when they're cheap instead of when they're hard to find and expensive.

Personally, I was happy that I had a stockpile of ammunition prior to Sandy Hook. I was able to continue training throughout the "drought," even with a salary cut.
    Thank you. I'm more than a little surprised at some of the reactions here. Five good, stripped lowers for $200 is amazing. Mags are cheap right now.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    Who needs door to door searches?

Can't take the illegal gun to the practice range. Forget about classes either, so you own a paperweight you won't even be skilled enough to use well.

It gets worse. Say you do the local criminal justice system a favor by wasting a bad dude that broke into your kitchen. Nice work!
    Too bad you're going to jail anyways, because the local LEOs found a Hillary Sadface Gun in your attic after your home became a crime scene.

Best case the local , small town PD confiscates your expensive and legally irreplaceable Hillary Sadface Gun and skips the part where you get to spend the night in their jail. If you have the misfortune of being caught in a Blue State ,you'll be Public Enemy#1 on the 6 o'clock news.

Best part is , piss off the Better Half and she won't need a divorce lawyer to have you tossed in front of a judge.......
    Thanks, ths is exactly what I was referring to re: die on the vine / attrition enforcement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    The thought of becoming a resident at the Graybar Hotel disturbs me more. And if you think that most cops will look the other way, guess again. Katrina showed us otherwise; that was a real eye-opener for some of us.

GardoneVT makes a couple of very good points, too.

Still, I get where you're coming from. I don't intend to turn anything in; but I'm not going to bury the stuff in my back yard or hide it in the attic, either. I'm just going to comply with the law; as in, not have any banned items in my possession.

You cant fight back with tools you dont have. Many Europeans learned that lesson the hard way in WWII. The large numbers of small arms in attics, wine cellars and back yards are why several European countries prohibited civilian possession of military caliber firearms and ammunition.

It would certainly be an interesting landscape for sure. Keep in mind once its is online, it exists forever. All the pics, posts and emails don't go away.
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    It would certainly be an interesting landscape for sure. Keep in mind once its is online, it exists forever. All the pics, posts and emails don't go away.
    100% correct but I would rather live my life and die well if it came to that point than live in fear.

User Tag List