Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 is coming

Does anyone have a contact at Walmart who I can email to complaint about the lack of $500 Colt ARs at my local store?

I called my local one today after seeing this. Guys aid they had a sale on the AR's a week or so ago and they wont be getting any more in.

G&R Tactical has the Colt OEM-1's for $725 though.

Looks like they were on sale because they are closing them out.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/walmar...170634890.html

Perhaps some things are getting better, in regards to powder scarcity. I was able to buy two pounds of Bullseye on the way home from work. That's the first time I have seen it in over two years in a local retail store.

Site Supporter
    I just found WSF Winchester Super Field at my local gun store - have not seen it for years and I was almost out. I bought an 8 lb jug of WSF. Very happy to find it.

For those of you who own Glocks, any thought on picking up some of the Magpul mags for storage/training use? It's a question of whether or not I want four mags per $100 or six mags per $100. My serious mags would remain OEM, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by sboers View Post
    For those of you who own Glocks, any thought on picking up some of the Magpul mags for storage/training use? It's a question of whether or not I want four mags per $100 or six mags per $100. My serious mags would remain OEM, obviously.
    The Magpul Glock mags are good to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I have not the slightest damn clue as to why the producers of gunpowder haven't got through their heads that the increased demand for powder may be permanent...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I have not the slightest damn clue as to why the producers of gunpowder haven't got through their heads that the increased demand for powder may be permanent...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
    Keep in mind this is hearsay, although from a pretty reliable source (Donnie Miculek).

Apparently, US producers have scaled back their powder production and have been relying on Austrailian imported stuff (made to US specs) for some time now. What has been the major sticking point was a sudden move by the Aussie government to restrict the number of containers carrying HazMat stuff aboard each departing ship. IOW, they cannot ship as much product.

With some of the old-time powder brands being acquired other firms (Hercules/Alliant, etc.), and the supposed fact Winchester is not going to re-locate their powder facility to Mississippi from Illinois, there are definitely some major changes going on the powder/propellant industry. Which is why I'm buying excess to my current needs when I can.

And the ones making fun of me "stockpiling" or "hoarding" will be the first ones who come begging for some when Cabela's/et.al. is fresh out… for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Apparently, US producers have scaled back their powder production and have been relying on Austrailian imported stuff (made to US specs) for some time now.
    Any idea as to why they'd scale back production despite growing demand?

Edited to add: Just curious if this is solely due to market consolidation/acquisitions, or if the margins just suck in powder manufacturing and for companies who have their fingers in multiple areas of the firearms industry, there just isn't enough incentive to invest in meeting additional powder production demand.
    Last edited by Matt O; 08-28-2015 at 08:30 AM.

User Tag List