Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 is coming

I have been doing this for a year now. I picked up two pounds of Unique and two pounds of CFE223 last week. On sale. (Psst, Wayne - I have your powder...)

Today at Cabela's I got two pounds of CFE223, two pounds of CFE Pistol, and 4000 CCI small pistol primers. With a coupon and a spare $25 gift card, it was just under $200 out the door.

It ain't hard to build up a couple of dozen pounds of powder and 20-30 thousand primers in a year, if you shop twice a month.

And yeah, I already have the parts for a half-dozen AR builds stashed. Just check Aero Precision, Brownell's, Sionics and BCM when they have sales. I'm putting away stuff for the grandkids now. My son and daughter were already taken care of five years ago. The magazine situation was taken care of eight years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Guilty.

"Hmmmm... spare H buffer found in the garage..... better start an order."

soooo...

anyone know a company that wants to do a group buy of cheapy lowers?

I'd throw $200 towards a few lowers if they are cheap enough
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    soooo...

anyone know a company that wants to do a group buy of cheapy lowers?

I'd throw $200 towards a few lowers if they are cheap enough
    Anderson or Aero might. Gather data, report back.
    #RESIST

I'd be in for a few $50 Aero Precision lowers.

I would definitely lean towards Aero, based on their quality and customer service interactions. I have bought four blem lowers and six regular lowers, and all have worked well.

Just curious, how would a group buy on something that requires an FFL transfer work? I'm not going wee-wee in anyone's breakfast cereal, just asking a question that makes me wonder.

I read the title of this thread and told myself that I probably should be worried. I checked my pulse and it wasn't racing. BP was 110/70 and respiration was 11. Pupils seemed normal. There was no sweating or piloerection (nice word, ain't it). I wasn't panicking.
    I then went and ordered 4,000 rounds of 9 mm ammo. Nothing changed in my vital signs after. What a paradoxical reaction to a totally non-stressful situation.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

The next president will change the face of Supreme Court for the next few decades.
    I have two Anderson lowers coming in tomorrow from Wideners. They are currently $37 each.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Let's try this again: Lots of shit available now for very good prices. Uncertainty ahead, probably panics. Good time to buy shit.
    Works for me.

Stocking up on items when they are at their lowest prices in years makes sense to me. As does stocking up on components that may likely become hard to find in the near future.

User Tag List