Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting FNX frame flexing

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post

They want to one-up the XD's "GripZone®" by streamlining the ergonomic interface in order to maximize kinesthetic properties and optimize the operators warfighting capabilities in the modern battle-space. It's called "TactiMold®"
    That was beautiful; makes me want to run out and buy one.

Did you used to work for FEMA? Because that artful double-speak sounds exactly like those guys talked when we were infested with them during Katrina. "We need to get a visual on the situation so we can de-conflict the issue." The issue? Getting a shit-load of paper plates to the mess facility set up at Gretna PD.

(I hope you know I'm laughing with you; that really is funny… and well-written)

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Polymer pistol haters are going to eat this one up. I've never seen this happen with any of my polymer Glock's, HK's, Ruger's, S&W's, or AR parts here in the sweltering central FL weather were black guns can get uncomfortably hot if left out in the sun for a matter of minutes. That said, I don't own an FN variant. Anyone else seen or experienced this?

when i originally saw the frozen still picture, I thought this was going to be a gag video. This is crazy - how does FN continue to allow that!?

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    It's a new ergonomic feature...

They want to one-up the XD's "GripZone®" by streamlining the ergonomic interface in order to maximize kinesthetic properties and optimize the operators warfighting capabilities in the modern battle-space. It's called "TactiMold®"
    Didn't you mean the modern urban battlespace?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    When these first came out, one of the issues that kept me from them was that the polymer felt especially flimsy, almost toy like. I mean, I could literally squeeze the entire magwell together.
    I skipped out on one and got an HK instead, and I'm glad I did. The second I picked up the FNX-45 the only thing running through my mind was "this feels super cheap and flimsy"
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

My CZ SPO1 Phantom had a similar issue. I could turn the grip into a rhombus with moderate pressure even in the shade with cool temperatures.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It may just be a case of end user desires not being adequately conveyed to engineering. Or having to adapt to one extreme of requirements at the expense of others. This is kind of like the 30 round USGI magazine, someone specified 30 rounds in a box magazine, didn't bother to specify that it needs to fit in a rifle with a close bolt. If the end user says "I want a frame that at -20 degrees celsius, a 250lb man can fall on and not crack" then the frame is probably the right blend of materials.

User Tag List