Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I'm so concealed! Tales of the upscale market.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I always just called it the "Don Johnson look" but people my age don't get the reference...

With me, in the cooler months, it's a zip up fleece lined sweatshirt or jacket over a henley. A Government model conceals easily beneath. I just never could get the Sonny Crockett thing down. Of course, given the fact that in the Illinois winter months, I wear enough to conceal an AKM, the style I go with ranges from either "Memphis Street Bum" to "Just rolled out of bed and put on a XXL hoodie and a pair of size 32 jeans."
    I'm thinking if many people around here dressed up that much to go out in public theyd be asked if it was a wedding or a funeral.

I dont think theres much of a profile or specific indicator for carriers here. Unless not wearing enough clothes to hide iron, (or plastic?), its simplest to assume about anyone is carrying. I joke that even the liberals have guns here, but its actually true. Kids in grade school and up are likely to wear clothes with gun names, and probably have some guns of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    If you dudes start talking about beard oil and pastel shemaghs I'm leaving this forum and never coming back.
    Beard oil? WTF?
    Last edited by Malamute; 08-11-2015 at 11:24 PM.

If one kept a proper beard in a proper primative lifestyle one's beard would benefit from natural oils like one's hair. But being civilized the hygiene pegs the meter and that old mane dries out. But it seems like another modern mystery. Coconut oil would be much cheaper and is pretty good for you.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Make fun of the Miami metrosexuals all you want, but lay off the beard oil hate.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    If you dudes start talking about beard oil and pastel shemaghs I'm leaving this forum and never coming back.
    Bread oil is for pussies.

I am interested in beard oil.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Bread oil is for pussies.
    I can't grow a beard worth a shit, but this bread oil intrigues me.

Site Supporter
    In a previous thread here, IIRC had to do with how to carry on a first date, someone mentioned a name for that look?
    Virginity still intact

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    I can't grow a beard worth a shit, but this bread oil intrigues me.
    In all honestly I've never heard of beard oil either. Mustash wax yes, but not beard oil. Which is weird to me considering I lived in Vermont where the beard rules all for almost a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    In all honestly I've never heard of beard oil either. Mustash wax yes, but not beard oil. Which is weird to me considering I lived in Vermont where the beard rules all for almost a decade.
    They use either bear fat or hemp oil there right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    They use either bear fat or hemp oil there right?
    I would imagine either that or they just grab a trout out of a stream bare handed and rub it all over their face.

User Tag List