Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so concealed! Tales of the upscale market.

Site Supporter

I'm so concealed! Tales of the upscale market.

So off I go to the upscale market. I'm discretely dressed with a Glock and extra mag on my belt but covered with a classy LLBean light weight shirt. Nice slacks. Yes, I have a knife clip on my pocket but the shirt probably swings in front of it.

Let's look at the organic vegetables. Why, there is a portly gentleman with a less than stellar physique (not that I do anymore) wearing a very tight t-shirt with Glock in large logo letter in the front. He's wearing shorts and there's a knife clip. Where's the gun, I think? So, I stealthily circle the melons and see on his hip a big black box thing with a flap. Aha! That's the concealed holster. Flip the top and out will pop his Glock. Looked about G19 size.

Seen such things advertised. Now, in the upscale market - there is probably little risk of a grab. He could stroll through the crowd looking like Combat Carl. I wonder if such a set up would be advised in a crowded venue of less reputable people. Would you wear it on a subway train - cheek to jowl?

I'm sure the guy feels like a steely eyed dealer of death. I was tempted to say - nice way to advertise free gun to anyone with the motivation and brains to approach you. I know other markets in San Antonio where the youth would be amused.

I looked so innocuous that a nice older woman stopped me in the magazine ( to read) section to ask about the latest issue of the New Yorker (that's an intellectual magazine above the gun mag row). Not that I don't project alertness and confidence.

Probably he will OC, when legal, on the way to examine the cheese. Probably doesn't even know the difference between Frommage de Meaux and Brie de Meaux.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Seen such things advertised. Now, in the upscale market - there is probably little risk of a grab. He could stroll through the crowd looking like Combat Carl. I wonder if such a set up would be advised in a crowded venue of less reputable people. Would you wear it on a subway train - cheek to jowl?
    This guy has a bloody pork chop around his neck, but he's been swimming in a pool his whole life. He feels safe because nothing bad ever happened to him with his pork chop in the pool. One day he may find himself in the ocean.

Try being the 5' tall dude with a 28" inch waist carrying a P30 and overhearing "normal sized" folk complaining how hard it is to hide an LCP. The ability to not shout "your doing it wrong" gets weaker every time.
    Taking a break from social media.

Going into Sam's Wholesale one afternoon, Tactical Ted went by me wearing 5.11 everything and some sort of gun logo ballcap. I absolutely knew that if I wanted a gun, I could pop him in the gourd with a liter of olive oil and be armed 30 seconds later..... Some people's kids...

Site Supporter
    My step-Dad bought one of those cell phone/electronic device holsters made for a Shield. It was huge. Like approaching the IDPA box huge. It took some doing, but I convinced him to return it.

Site Supporter
    Heh, was in St. Louis with my sister when I spotted a 5.11 ball cap and subsequently a G26 in a crossbreed when the guy tried bending over to put his groceries on the checklane. Mentioned it to my sister, but she didn't even notice it.

Made a guy wearing a multicam ball cap and under armour polo. He was carrying some kind of 1911 strong side. Would of been fine if he wasn't wearing smedium polo. I wouldnt of even looked if it wasn't for how he was dressed

You mean the Sneaky Pete isn't?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You mean the Sneaky Pete isn't?
    A few weeks ago I was at our City Market, a historic building full of small restaurants and sweet shops that is very busy during lunch. I saw some guy with one and he opened it and while he was reaching for it I started to check the backdrop and formulate a plan to kill him if need be...then he pulled out a smart phone. I don't know if he got it second hand or just found out it fit his ridiculously large phone, but I laughed because it was like some weird hipster ironic moment. I'm using a fake cell phone holster to holster my cell phone...ironically.

It has been well over 100 in Houston every day this past week. Yet I still see people in the 5.11 "shoot me first" IDPA vest. So, they have a gun to conceal OR they are a bit chilly in the 100 degree 85% humidity weather...

I spot at least one gun per week. It is either a guy who shops exclusively at 5.11 or TruSpec, or a guy who is wearing a WAY too tight Affliction shirt that shows off the outline of the gun.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List