I think there is a lot of vitriol/2-minutes hate for stuff getting surfaced here... Let's be civil?

Additionally, I think we've thread drifted a lot on the topic.

-Being good at shooting, specifically competitive, may have some relationship to organization, sportsmanship, tenacity, but it isn't the end-all/be-all marker of a persons character. I think we all agree on this... If someone is having fun, great. If they're not, and they consider it "work", that's ok too...

-I don't think there is any disagreement that C & B shooters form the bulk of the USPSA organization and that many times, those are the people that make it possible for clubs/matches/etc to progress. That said, I see guys like Ben, Matt Hopkins, Mike Foley, and a lot of other GM's giving back a lot of time, effort, commitment pretty freely to clubs/people/etc. I think most people doing things like IDPA/USPSA are there in some part for the camaraderie.

-I like the classification system. I was horrible when I first started shooting - I didn't grow up around guns are was terrified of them. Making it a goal to progress made USPSA very enjoyable.

-I'm a top-20 classified shooter, I've won matches, etc, but I mess up a lot too ... I track my percentage through a season too, and filter that through the lens of what is going on in my life (kid? Work stress?) and what my training is. It is nice to have that data, even if the %-ages aren't shifting down. My season from January to now (and I've taken a 5 month hiatus) is only 81.91%, reflecting the stress of having a kiddo (my daughter was born in June), having a very stressful time at work (I just quit this past Monday), and dealing with a bum knee (surgery was in early-June)

Have fun, if you're not getting paid, put what you want into your shooting and take the good out of it. If you are getting paid, hook me up with a job?