Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Production Nationals

To those that want to get rid of the classification system, I'm apt to agree, but for guys just getting into the game, I think it does provide a nice way to track progress, etc...]
    I agree with you. Getting rid of the classification system would end all of the concerns and sqabbling over "what's in your wallet", but it would discourage many shooters who are working their way up the ladder. Yeah, it does make sense to shoot against people using like equipment and similar skills, but look at all of the complaining over divisions and classifications.

Long ago, I lost that that warm fuzzy feeling I got from winning my class. Being numero uno in B class lost it's value when I realized I was still 30th place loser overall. I busted my butt to get to GM in multiple divisions. Alas, I am now A class across the board due to medical issues. Having gone up the totem pole, only to slide back down, the system has now lost any misplaced value it once had. YMMV
    Last edited by rwa; 08-22-2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WIILSHOOT View Post
    To those that want to get rid of the classification system, I'm apt to agree, but for guys just getting into the game, I think it does provide a nice way to track progress, etc...
    Not just people just getting into the game, but also those that have different priorities. I'm at a
    Isn't in my life where I'm just not going to put in the time to get better at some silly gun game. I'm there for the enjoyment, and the people, and to compete against people with similar skill sets and priorities.

It's important to remember that the B class and Marksman shooters are the ones that MD, SO/RO, scorekeep, set up, tear down, run stats, paste, set steel, etc. not to say that M and GM shooters don't do those things too, but is vice there are less M and GM shooters there are less M and GM workers. It's extremely important not to alienate the B and Marksman shooters. Without them there is no match.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm at a
    Isn't in my life where I'm just not going to put in the time to get better at some silly gun game. I'm there for the enjoyment, and the people, and to compete against people with similar skill sets and priorities.
    [realtalk] Sounds like an excuse for sucking. [/realtalk]

Took me two years to get my initial classification. So it ain't realtalk, it is real life. Some of us have no time or desire or both to dry fire one hour daily or shoot a match or two every month.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    I tend to think the classification system is accurate enough for a newbie like me trying to track my progress. Until I really commit to aiming for my GM card, I don't think I'll have a beef with it, as the reason I'm not in A class now is because I suck and don't have enough time/motivation to shoot a lot of matches, nor the desire to reshoot classifiers all the livelong day.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Took me two years to get my initial classification. So it ain't realtalk, it is real life. Some of us have no time or desire or both to dry fire one hour daily or shoot a match or two every month.
    To each his own.
    Last edited by wtturn; 08-25-2015 at 08:50 AM.

My overall % score at Production Nationals was nearly identical to my current classification average. Like a lot of people, I've been frustrated by the classification system, but it seems to work for me.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-25-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

There's really nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. I think we all just get a little too bored and mull over things like this, or what goofy rule change should be in production, or whatever.

Shooting is more fun
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
    [realtalk] Sounds like an excuse for sucking. [/realtalk]
    You be good at shooting.

I'll settle for winning at life.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    You be good at shooting.

I'll settle for winning at life.

You sure do enjoy taking the piss out of anyone whose interest in shooting isn't exactly the same as yours, don't you? Timmy or Gamer their priorities are all wrong when they don't follow the rob_s model.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

User Tag List