Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice With Shooting-Specific Strength Training

Have you talked to the PT about it? When I hurt my back/hip they asked me hobbies and I mentioned shooting (turns out the PT was also into shooting) and she set up additional exercises because one of my requirements was to be able to stand for more than an hour at the range or at home cooking (since I do all of the cooking).

And recovery can just take time. Skip the P90x ect crap. The PT will be your best source of help.

Like others have mentioned, I'd recommend getting some direction and followup from your Physical Therapist. They're (as a whole) going to have the best handle on the range of issues associated with your particular ailments.

+1 for Starrett's stuff (mobilitywod.com, Supple Leopard, etc…). It's top notch stuff and not to be missed.

You might also take a look at "Crossover Symmetry" (http://crossoversymmetry.com/rehab/l...over-symmetry/) as a generalist approach to good shoulder health. Our local (CF) gyms have taken to daily incorporating their series of exercises for both preventative and rehabilitation purposes.

t

User Tag List