Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 40 cal and glocks

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    If someone feels compelled to use 40, I'd recommend looking for a pistol designed for it (such as the HK USP) over one that was designed for 9mm.
    I'm not a Glock guy, but didn't the Gen 4 models address the Glock .40 short comings with the dual recoil springs, which coincidentally initially caused problems for the 9mm versions?

Isn't Tom Givens a big time user of .40S&W Glocks? He may be worth asking what his choice of ammo is.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Glock tried. To what extent they've been successful is up for debate. Some federal agencies who issue .40 caliber Glocks have found that the 4th gens have not exactly exorcised all the demons.

Mr. Givens carries a Glock 35...which seems to be the most consistently reliable .40 caliber pistol Glock makes.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    I am a fan of the G35 and like its ability to use a 40 to 9 conversion barrel too.

Choosing to carry a caliber larger than 9mm seems silly to me, but our gen 4 22s have been working very well. I enjoy shooting my 22s very much. Im unaware of any federal agencies having systemic problems, but i hear that wrong coast agencies are. I suspect that much of that has to do with their rediculous laws that require green ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Choosing to carry a caliber larger than 9mm seems silly to me, but our gen 4 22s have been working very well. I enjoy shooting my 22s very much. Im unaware of any federal agencies having systemic problems, but i hear that wrong coast agencies are. I suspect that much of that has to do with their rediculous laws that require green ammo.
    I enjoyed my Gen 4 G22 a great deal and could pretty much match my 9mm FAST scores with it insofar as my limiting factor going below 5 sec is not my splits anyway. But it's on loan to my son in AK. I think I like shooting the G31 even more but the ammo $$$ is a helluva penalty.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Mr. Givens carries a Glock 35...which seems to be the most consistently reliable .40 caliber pistol Glock makes.
    Yep. Longer recoil spring travel, and a heavier slide is what has made the difference. I've always liked the .40, but it takes a pistol with a decent amount of mass and recoil considerations to make it a good alternative to the 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetry View Post
    Yep. Longer recoil spring travel,
    Pretty sure the recoil spring assembly is the same as the G22 and the distance of travel is the same as well.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Yep. Longer recoil spring travel, and a heavier slide is what has made the difference. I've always liked the .40, but it takes a pistol with a decent amount of mass and recoil considerations to make it a good alternative to the 9mm.
    How does it have a longer spring travel when it uses the same guide rod and spring as a Glock 22?

Do the 34/35 have more recoil spring travel than the 17/22? Do the P2000/P30 .40 have more slide mass than the same in 9?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I guess I was wrong on the spring. I'll shut up now.

User Tag List