Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EPA eliminates the middle man, pollutes river directly

EPA eliminates the middle man, pollutes river directly

Apparently they're not fining themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/07/us/col...rpt/index.html

A federal cleanup crew accidentally caused a big, and potentially hazardous, mess in Colorado, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.

An estimated 1 million gallons of wastewater spilled out of an abandoned mine area in the southern part of the state on Wednesday, turning the Animas River orange and prompting the EPA to tell locals to avoid it.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-08-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    #RESIST

We are from the Government and we are here to Help!

Site Supporter
    There just stocking the pond so they don't run out of work.

If a private citizen or corporation had done this, they would have been fined out of existence and vilified throughout the media as evil villains.
    #RESIST

I was within 1/4 mile of that mine (on Hurricane and Corkscrew passes) last week doing some of the 4x4 roads in the Ouray/Silverton/Telluride area, I have a picture somewhere of us overlooking that mine pre-clusterfrack.
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-08-2015 at 01:14 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Here's a pic of where the mine is.
    Awesome scenery but the water up there has been polluted since the late 1800's, every steam you drive past is a weird color.

Attachment 3733
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Here's a stream one pass over (about a mile away) from the mine in the news.
    The rocks all look like they've been spray painted silver/primer gray and the water was a weird ultra clear silver color.
    That aint natural.

Attachment 3734

Thanks for the reports from on the scene, Jody.
    #RESIST

As our President has said (quoting that outstanding statesman, Barney Frank), “Government is simply the name we give to the things we choose to do together.”

Site Supporter
    I think I've gotta give a slow clap to the stunning display of ineptitude involved there...think anybody will get fired?

User Tag List