Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EPA eliminates the middle man, pollutes river directly

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I think I've gotta give a slow clap to the stunning display of ineptitude involved there...think anybody will get promoted?
    Yes.
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-09-2015 at 02:32 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I beg to differ. Clearly we need to create a new, taxpayer funded, Environmental Protection Agency Protection Agency staffed by the people closest to this issue as they are best poised to understand future incidents of this unfortunate nature.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

EPA will dick around with this release for weeks without making progress.
    Halliburton would have it sealed and contained in 48 hours...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    EPA will dick around with this release for weeks without making progress.
    Halliburton would have it sealed and contained in 48 hours...
    You better believe they would have, or at least tried damn hard to -- as unlike EPA, they would have been on the hook for damages.

Wonder how long before it reaches Lake Havasu, and whether it will be observable that far southwest?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It's still leaking 700,000+ gallons a day into the Animas, so yea it'll probably make it to Havasu.
    BTW: the EPA didn't report jack shit for over 24 hours, the Ute Nation were the first ones to ask WTF was going on.
    If the company I work for didn't report a spill of this magnitude within 2 or 3 hours we'd be out of business.

I'm headed back to that area the second week of September, I bet it's still a heavy metal spewing circus a month from now.
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-09-2015 at 10:15 PM.

I love the idiots who are trying to blame this on the evil rich mine owners who must be big GOP donors.
    This mine was abandoned in 1915 and hasn't been worked since.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You better believe they would have, or at least tried damn hard to -- as unlike EPA, they would have been on the hook for damages.
    The federal government will probably be spending millions if not billions to clean up this mess.

But the EPA doesn't have a bottom line to worry about because they are spending other people's money.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    The federal government will probably be spending millions if not billions to clean up this mess.

But the EPA doesn't have a bottom line to worry about because they are spending other people's money.
    Well, first EPA has to thoroughly study the issue, and then hold conferences (in nice locations) before figuring out what to do. My guess is that in the end they decide the only solution is to abandon New Mexico and Arizona, but we will see.

First shot of toxic sludge scheduled to hit Lake Powell on Wednesday.

Apparently triple the amount first estimated has been spilled
    #RESIST

User Tag List