Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reputable NFA dealer with layaway program

Reputable NFA dealer with layaway program

Very dangerous for my wallet

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/layaway.php

Tar Heel State Firearms is able to offer payment plans on all in-stock silencers. Basically we can offer a three payment plan for customers. The first payment consists of the tax stamp funds and one third of the cost of the silencer. The second and third payments consists of the other two-thirds of the cost of the silencer and are due thirty and sixty days after the first payment. The form 4 paperwork is submitted to the ATF upon reciept of the first payment. Feel free to contact us for further details about this program.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-07-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    #RESIST

My wife hates you, she just doesn't know it yet! I got the paper work to form my trust, just have to print it out and fill it out!

Just get it notarized at your bank and scanned into a PDF and then the fun begins.
    #RESIST

Let me second THSF. They are in my backyard and an excellent resource. I have purchased suppressors from them and used their engraving services for my SBR lowers. The owner, Scott, is good people and knows customer service.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Also, Form 3s (say, the transfer from this dealer to your local dealer) are very fast right now.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Very dangerous for my wallet

http://tarheelstatefirearms.com/layaway.php
    I don't see how it would be a good deal for residents of other states.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    I don't see how it would be a good deal for residents of other states.
    If the price is inline with what your local dealer who does not finance and shipping isn't high, I don't see why this isn't a option for guys who want to get into the game right away as opposed to saving up for suppressors.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If the price is inline with what your local dealer who does not finance and shipping isn't high, I don't see why this isn't a option for guys who want to get into the game right away as opposed to saving up for suppressors.
    But, they can't process a Form 4 for a non-resident, and the local dealer is almost certainly going to charge a transfer fee, which tend to be higher for NFA firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    But, they can't process a Form 4 for a non-resident, and the local dealer is almost certainly going to charge a transfer fee, which tend to be higher for NFA firearms.
    My local dealer charges $35 per NFA transfer and if you get the serial number upon purchase, your local dealer can file the Form 4 right away. $35 is worth it to many in order to get say a 2-4 month head start on the NFA wait.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 08-10-2015 at 10:35 PM.
    #RESIST

For what it's worth, my Form 3 was submitted July 18th and approved August 7th. I was originally told 8 weeks on the Form 3 by Silencer Shop, but it's better to under-promise and over-deliver, so they probably overestimate on purpose.
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-10-2015 at 10:31 PM.

User Tag List