Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: No more VP9's 40's or P30SK's until 2016

Site Supporter
    Ay
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Someone once told me, "In heaven, the cooks are French, the police are British, the engineers German, the lovers Italian, and it is all run by the Swiss. In hell, the cooks are British, the police German, the lovers Swiss, the engineers French, and it's all run by the Italians."
    We need a like button.

They must be working on the single stack suppressed 10mm in FDE we've all been waiting for.

VP .45

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Say what you want about the work ethic of Italians, but at least Beretta isn't teetering on bankruptcy constantly, unlike a certain German arms maker.
    Probably because the same family has controlled the firm forever. They make good stuff, but...

Dunno how it is with the pistols and the "tactical" stuff, but trying to get a high-end Beretta shotgun serviced is... an adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    VP .45
    Oh god please this.

I hope it's a VP45 next.

Also they made what? 20,000+ more units than they planned to in the first year. Their original release/import was supposed to be 35,000 handguns, the Serial Numbers are already up into the 55,xxx. I'd say that's pretty good. I'm thinking of picking up a few more myself, but we'll see when I get around to that. HK got it right with the VP9. I'm glad I got a P30sk even though I wasn't chopping at the bit to get one initially. It's a great little gun.

Its not just the commercial dealers getting strangled. I'm an LE dealer & I've been told not to hold my breath for any VPs or P30SKs this year. May see one or two here & there but not to get my hopes up.

I wonder if it's a big Euro LE or Mil contract they're dedicating manufacturing/inventory towards?
    Last edited by JodyH; 08-18-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I wonder if it's a big Euro LE or Mil contract they're dedicating manufacturing/inventory towards?
    I thought about this a bit, and I wonder, maybe they are reworking all the G36's that the German bund is supposedly having trouble with..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    I thought about this a bit, and I wonder, maybe they are reworking all the G36's that the German bund is supposedly having trouble with..
    All the G36's are being replaced with 416's and 417's.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

User Tag List