Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to FirearmsTactical.com?

What Happened to FirearmsTactical.com?

I shut down FirearmsTactical.com in July as I haven’t updated it in years. Despite the inactivity I kept the website up for many years so the wound ballistics information would remain available to those who were interested in it.

While FirearmsTactical.com is no more, most, if not all, of the information remains available via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine at https://web.archive.org/web/20150316...m/tactical.htm

Thanks Shawn! excellent resource.

Wondered what had happened to that.
    I've bookmarked the new database storage site, thank you.
    Last edited by SAWBONES; 08-06-2015 at 07:08 PM.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

The people who bought that site have uploaded robots.txt to keep Wayback and Google archive from accessing it. Is there any way to get those files accessible again? That's a tremendous amount of information that would be completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrabbit View Post
    The people who bought that site have uploaded robots.txt to keep Wayback and Google archive from accessing it. Is there any way to get those files accessible again? That's a tremendous amount of information that would be completely lost.
    Just going to bump this post.

-- Michael

Michael is correct. Shawn did a simply wonderful piece of work on a rather deep, complex subject.

I kept up with most, since I was running the gun/shooting/training compound it created at the HQ State Police in Baton Rouge, LA. I still have that stuff in detail. And though most of it is 20+ years, how many is not exactly good/correct from way back? Not very much, I'll tell you that.

At any rate, as I begin to fade away, I have younger friends who will be able understand and use it. Some already do.

Thank you, Tom. Very thoughtful... particularly for the folks who can actually USE it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    My offer stands to host the content. All I need are the files or an old archive/backup.

That would be fantastic and I can't think of a more appropriate place to host it.
    Last edited by Ed L; 02-01-2017 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    My offer stands to host the content. All I need are the files or an old archive/backup.
    PM me and let's see if we can work something out.

FirearmTactical.com is available again on The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/sitemap/...mstactical.com

The site map is a little wonky but the graphic "rings" provide links to individual articles when you hover over them.

This link goes to the last published site map on the FirearmsTactical website - https://web.archive.org/web/20140702...m/tactical.htm (The links may or may not take you to the listed issue of TacticalBriefs but you may be able to find a link to it on The Wayback Machine's sitemap graphic.)

User Tag List