Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comp M4, SRS, Comp M2/3/etc...has the time of the full-size RDS come to an end?

Given the price point on the Micros, I'd select the PRO if shopping for another RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I struggle with the idea that an M4 or Micro cost so friggin much. I think you can buy an M4 rifle cheaper than an M4 optic. Or why does an M4 cost twice as much as a Pro?
    There is literally no reason for most of us to ever buy the M4 over the Pro.

Pro for $416

M4s for $842
    #RESIST

I like the bigger window of the Pro/C3/M4 etc., over the Micro. I haven't looked through a T2, but I didn't like the blue'ish glaze of the T1.

And yes, cost.... I can see $400-$500 for a quality RDS. Pushing $1k really starts to get out there. Will be curious to see if either Aimpoint starts making a LPV, or an LPV manufacturer incorporates Aimpoint's tech.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    There is literally no reason for most of us to ever buy the M4 over the Pro.

Pro for $416

M4s for $842
    No disagreement here - I'm still using my Comp M2...

Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    I like the bigger window of the Pro/C3/M4 etc., over the Micro. I haven't looked through a T2, but I didn't like the blue'ish glaze of the T1.

And yes, cost.... I can see $400-$500 for a quality RDS. Pushing $1k really starts to get out there. Will be curious to see if either Aimpoint starts making a LPV, or an LPV manufacturer incorporates Aimpoint's tech.
    I don't know, I really feel like Aimpoint is resting comfortably on their laurels and their patents. We waited years for the T2 and all we got was non-idiotic elevation and windage knobs (finally) and slightly better battery life. Now, they've got two low cost RDS models that do everything you need but still, no innovation.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I don't know, I really feel like Aimpoint is resting comfortably on their laurels and their patents. We waited years for the T2 and all we got was non-idiotic elevation and windage knobs (finally) and slightly better battery life. Now, they've got two low cost RDS models that do everything you need but still, no innovation.
    The T2 is a WORLDS better optic for those of us who use magnifiers. I call that innovation.

But what you are saying, is that if another company came out with a T1/T2 style optic, for cheaper, with a few new/neat innovations rolled in, it would be a home run? Or do you think people would say "But it's not an aimpoint, screw that!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    The T2 is a WORLDS better optic for those of us who use magnifiers. I call that innovation.

But what you are saying, is that if another company came out with a T1/T2 style optic, for cheaper, with a few new/neat innovations rolled in, it would be a home run? Or do you think people would say "But it's not an aimpoint, screw that!"?

That new primary arms red dot, the one with like 50,000 hour battery life comes to mind. I don't think they are as tough as a aimpoint, but they are also $150. I shot through one at a class and I really really liked it.
    Last edited by Luke; 08-07-2015 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post

I'm saying I think that sooner or later the market is going to pass Aimpoint by.
    #RESIST

I'm a fan of the Comp M4S since I like the simplified mounting system (no leveling it in a ring and uses two big screws I don't have to worry about stripping out) and the location of the rheostat. That said, I was able to find them on sale and I don't recall paying much more than $570 for any of mine. None came with mounts, but I had some bases leftover from my Pros and just used them. However, if I hadn't bought these on sale, I doubt I'd own anything other than Pros since $700-$800 is too much for what they are.
    Last edited by 65k10; 08-09-2015 at 08:48 PM.

MSRP is suppose to be ~500 USD. Wonder how they'll stack up against the T-2.

User Tag List