Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a new belt

Look into Mean Gene Leather. They're hand made, look great and Gene is a super guy. He has a belt with the Ares Aegis belt buckle and it's the most awesomeness I've ever had around my hips.

http://www.meangeneleather.com
    Last edited by MD7305; 08-05-2015 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added link

Well, so much for leather belts on a budget
    #RESIST

I second Mean Gene. I wear the Leather Aegis every day. Its an awesome belt. It was very stiff at first but now it is broken in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    Look into Mean Gene Leather. They're hand made, look great and Gene is a super guy. He has a belt with the Ares Aegis belt buckle and it's the most awesomeness I've ever had around my hips.

http://www.meangeneleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Belts that scream "I'm carrying a pistol" don't fit my lifestyle. At the suggestion of JodyH on here, I bought Saddleback Leather's Tow Belt. It costs $100, which may sound high, but I've been wearing mine almost three years now, just about everyday whether I'm carrying/training or just at the office and not strapped, and it looks barely broken in.

I seriously envision just getting tired of this belt long before it wears out or looks bad.
    Me too. I have the now discontinued 1.75 inch version, and I've been very happy with it. Mine gets worn daily, whether I'm carrying or not, and it's showing only minimal wear after several years of use. I imagine that by the time I manage to wear it out, if that's even possible, it'll only have cost me a few dollars/year.

Quote Originally Posted by mluikey View Post
    I second Mean Gene. I wear the Leather Aegis every day. Its an awesome belt. It was very stiff at first but now it is broken in nicely.
    I also got a "shooters belt" which a little cheaper and it's excellent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Correct but I believe much of the super stiff belt requirement is carryover from days when most holsters were leather and a little extra rigidity helped. Now the holster has that rigidity on its own or the mode of carry, AIWB, doesn't need it.
    Or a carryover from the days when people carried guns made out of steel rather than plastic.

Check Simplyrugged.com for their "Real Mans Belt". I've been wearing one for a few years with no issues

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well, so much for leather belts on a budget
    "Buy once, cry once?"

Think life-cycle cost. It helps.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I've been pretty happy with my mitch rosen express belt. About $70. Doesn't feel terribly stiff like some belts-- i.e. comp tac. I find it easy to thread, which can sometimes be an issue depending on how I'm wearing the gun -- as a lefty (I don't carry appendix, generally).

User Tag List